Central Defenders Condition dropping?

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, has anyone else noticed that a Central Defender's condition drops off really quick in this version more than anyone else on the pitch. I'm struggling to keep them fit for the next match. I understand it for Midfielders but centre backs????.

6 hours ago, shakey.bridge said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, has anyone else noticed that a Central Defender's condition drops off really quick in this version more than anyone else on the pitch. I'm struggling to keep them fit for the next match. I understand it for Midfielders but centre backs????.

Definitely the case for me. I thought it's because me are amateur youths. Both rarely survive 90 minutes.

It is strange. You would expect BWM, B2B and Pressing Forwards condition to drop but having to substitute Centre Backs the least mobile players is odd. I've also noticed that Target Men rarely last a full game either, the condition drops like a stone on them, where as the partnering Pressing forward lasts a full 90.

YES! The one thing besides fairly high amount of cards every couple of games that really stands out negatively compared to FM21's ME..

Also, pretty sure work rate makes it even worse.. Ronald Araujo is always on his last legs by the end of a match. He has 16 WR & 15 Stamina.. Medium block, default defensive line.

Edited by SC00P0NE

14 hours ago, baris28 said:

My 3 centre backs run 10.8 km average on last 3 matches with high defensive line they got tired. Does km run have impact on fitness ? they run as much as BWM with similar km and similar playing time. they both get tired for next match.

I play a low D-line with low block. They really oughtn't get so tired.

• 4 months later...

im having this problem too.... i thought maybe because my team was semi pro and only training twice a week.... but ever since becoming professional, both CB are still in red condition after 60 mins, and if i dont sub them, i get the message '______ needs a rest' after game, and it only happens to my defenders, super annoying

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Playing in lower league, have a superstar CB with 13 stamina getting tired in the 30th minute, even starting the game in perfect fitness. Should not be happening with a 20 year old.

I'm pushing 50 and think I could last longer in a semi-pro football match.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes. There are only two things that disappoint me about this game (the other is fixture congestion) and this is one of them. Fit defenders would get through 90 minutes twice a week, no problem. They would also get through a one-off 120 minutes if required in a cup match. They would only start to get jaded if they were playing twice a week for 2-3 weeks at a time.