Can't scout any more: "Outside Scouting scope - Not enough scouting budget"

I'm no longer able to scout players. I get the message: "Outside Scouting scope - Not enough scouting budget".

The players I want to scout are local and I have available funds in the Scouting budget.

What's causing this issue?

The Scouting Range had gone to No Scouting, presumably because I'd spent all the scouting money.

I notice that, even though I have zero Scouting Range, I'm still able to scout all the players in higher divisions that I've checked. It's supposed to cost a lot of money to be able to fund Scouting Range for higher divisions. For no Scouting Coverage I should only be able to scout players known to the club's staff. I guess my staff know a lot of people?

31 minutes ago, Ron Wandle said:

The Scouting Range had gone to No Scouting, presumably because I'd spent all the scouting money.

I notice that, even though I have zero Scouting Range, I'm still able to scout all the players in higher divisions that I've checked. It's supposed to cost a lot of money to be able to fund Scouting Range for higher divisions. For no Scouting Coverage I should only be able to scout players known to the club's staff. I guess my staff know a lot of people?

Every non-player in Football Manager™ 2023 is considered to have a certain level of knowledge about a country. Depending on their experience and where they’ve spent their career both as a player and a member of staff, they may increase their knowledge of certain areas and indeed hold knowledge about different countries and regions.

The knowledge bar doesn’t necessarily equate to automatically identifying the best talent in those countries – the scout’s attributes and overall ability play a massive part in that. What it does do is allow you to see where they do their most comprehensive work and therefore guide you to assign them to countries they know well. If you do choose to assign a scout to a country that they are unfamiliar with, over time they will gain knowledge from that country. They will also progressively accumulate more knowledge the longer they reside there.

The Knowledge section offers an overall indication of the club’s entire knowledge base; beginning with a world map indicating the overall knowledge at the club, then a regional breakdown on the lower left sub-panel, before breaking it down into specific nations (and who holds that knowledge) on the right.

A club’s scouting knowledge is largely made up of the knowledge of their non-playing personnel, the region in which they play, and any affiliates they can lean on for further information.

A staff member’s knowledge comes from their career history and the places they’ve been tasked with scouting. The improvement in their knowledge is loosely attached to their non-playing Current Ability as well as the time they’ve spent in each country (which in turn opens up knowledge to neighbouring or nearby countries). The better they are at their job and the more time they spend in a certain location, the quicker they accumulate knowledge.

====

Manual

https://community.sigames.com/sigames-manual/football-manager-2023/