U18 "stars". Better off training and mentoring with seniors?

I am currently managing Bath City in the VNS, so facilities are lacing to say the least.

But the game did start me off with a few 16 year olds with potential, but less than great personalities.

So is it better for me to promote them to my seniors and get them mentoring by some of my Professional/Model Citizen players, and then make them available for the U18 games? .. or are they better off training in the U18 for now?

I am unsure of whether the senior training is too much for them, or whether it makes little to no difference.

I know that they will likely never amount to much, but hopefully they could be good enough to be sold off for a bit, further down the line. So I would like to do my best to get some more points on their stats.

The thing is, they will have a 'none' or 'light' in 'estimated effect from group' , so you are wasting their training time, which they need the most. Only if they can be included into the squad registration and get game time this will change, so you can just wait.
If you do go on mentoring them, check on the 'estimated effect from group'. If it does change, let me know (pic or it didn't happen.)

In general, 15-17 y/o old training is the most important. 18-21 y/o training and playing competitive matches is equal important. 21 y/o and higher playing competitive matches is more important. In average, players which 24 y/o and older have reached PA and there minimal or not development at all; but late bloom exist.

If you promote them to Senior, players will use the Senior training schedules. If you add that VNS having 2 matches per week often and Bath being Semi-Pro club, they will train only 1 day (2 sessions). Development in Semi-Pro club is minimal overall, because of limited training.

Their personalities will change according to average club squad personality as well

Edited by fc.cadoni

20 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

n general, 15-17 y/o old training is the most important. 18-21 y/o training and playing competitive matches is equal important. 21 y/o and higher playing competitive matches is more important.

Do you have a link to an SI quote on this change?  It always used to be that whilst both training and playing matches at a relevant level were important, training took precedence for under 18s and matches at a relevant level took precedence for 18s and over.

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

Do you have a link to an SI quote on this change?  It always used to be that whilst both training and playing matches at a relevant level were important, training took precedence for under 18s and matches at a relevant level took precedence for 18s and over.

That was my experience from FM19 until FM22, I don't remember someone from SI saying about age breakdown and training. The only mention Youth - Senior is about Extra Session in manual. I am keep testing the training and growing for FM23 and my "feeling" so far is that Match & Training for age group of 15-17 y/o and No Match & Training for 15-17 y/o having a bigger gap; meaning that Match & Training is more beneficial. Also appears that age "barrier" in Hints & Tips about 24 y/o have been increased (somewhere between 26-27 y/o) for developing, meaning that players need to reach 26-27 y/o to hit the PA which is kind more realistic I would call.

3 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

That was my experience from FM19 until FM22, I don't remember someone from SI saying about age breakdown and training. The only mention Youth - Senior is about Extra Session in manual. I am keep testing the training and growing for FM23 and my "feeling" so far is that Match & Training for age group of 15-17 y/o and No Match & Training for 15-17 y/o having a bigger gap; meaning that Match & Training is more beneficial. Also appears that age "barrier" in Hints & Tips about 24 y/o have been increased (somewhere between 26-27 y/o) for developing, meaning that players need to reach 26-27 y/o to hit the PA which is kind more realistic I would call.

Lots of SI quotes around mentioning training vs match time at a relevant level for under 18s and 18s and over, below is one where two different SI staff mention it.  As far as I’m aware it’s still relevant and haven’t seen any changes from SI.  If you’re testing that perhaps give you a starting point and something to compare results against 👍.

The speed at which players develop appears to have changed but that’s a different subject.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/465429-i-dont-think-player-development-is-realistic/

Give the 16 year old players a LOT of matches per season. Its the best way of developing players in lower leagues. They usually either fit straight into the squad or they will never play for the club. one or the other. They will not sell for any value because most clubs around you have 0 transfer budget.

OHZ7RW5.png

dmlDA0Q.png