100% CPU usage after last update

Hi,

after last update my game is running so slow and laggy. CPU usage during processing is always 100% and everything takes longer than before. Any tip how to fix it? 

My PC features:
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
32 GB RAM

GPU Geforce RTX 2060

Best Regards

Try launching the game with this command line added and see if it does anything for you, we made a change which should for most people improve performance but its possible with certain graphics cards/drivers it could make things worse in theory.

--disable_flip_discard 

try this if on steam, go to library right click on fm click on properties and put that in  launch options worked for me 

Sometimes is hitting 100% CPU, sometimes not. Having all nations and leagues as playable and some extra nations - leagues in advanced setup. Detail Level, Top-20 Leagues as Full Detail. 100% CPU is when transfer market is being closing (normal to be happen, since processing a lot of data) as well as during match days (processing the other leagues which use the full ME).

Screenshot_6.thumb.png.ac764c93148c40b9979dc957f83d431c.png

CPU is i7 8550U
NVIDIA MX150
Not using custom files

In my NVIDIA Control Panel:

Preferred Graphics Processor: NVIDIA
Threaded Optimization: On
Triple Buffering: Off
Vertical Sync: Off
Power Management Mode: Prefer Maximum Performance
OpenGL Rendering GPU: NVIDIA MX150
Texture Filter - Trilinear Optimization: Off (or Structure Filter)
Texture - Quality: High Performance (or Structure Filter)

GeForce App has been removed. Playing with Low Settings, some lags here and there, but it's a wide issue. SI is looking.

Edited by fc.cadoni

2 hours ago, misticotsw said:

Hi,

after last update my game is running so slow and laggy. CPU usage during processing is always 100% and everything takes longer than before. Any tip how to fix it? 

My PC features:
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
32 GB RAM

GPU Geforce RTX 2060

Best Regards

Windows 10 or Windows 11?

12 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

Sometimes is hitting 100% CPU, sometimes not. Having all nations and leagues as playable and some extra nations - leagues in advanced setup. Detail Level, Top-20 Leagues as Full Detail. 100% CPU is when transfer market is being closing (normal to be happen, since processing a lot of data) as well as during match days (processing the other leagues which use the full ME).

Screenshot_6.thumb.png.ac764c93148c40b9979dc957f83d431c.png

CPU is i7 8550U
NVIDIA MX150
Not using custom files

In my NVIDIA Control Panel:

Preferred Graphics Processor: NVIDIA
Threaded Optimization: On
Triple Buffering: Off
Vertical Sync: Off
Power Management Mode: Prefer Maximum Performance
OpenGL Rendering GPU: NVIDIA MX150
Texture Filter - Trilinear Optimization: Off (or Structure Filter)
Texture - Quality: High Performance (or Structure Filter)

GeForce App has been removed. Playing with Low Settings, some lags here and there, but it's a wide issue. SI is looking.

I logged it as a bug in Match engine section . Being investigated . Apparently its something to do with the adboards but im also getting it on anything in the game thats video related , Even the little video on start page makes my GPU go nuts

1 minute ago, alian62 said:

I logged it as a bug in Match engine section . Being investigated . Apparently its something to do with the adboards but im also getting it on anything in the game thats video related , Even the little video on start page makes my GPU go nuts

You mean the CPU or lag? Because small lag, I can't avoid them 100%. With above settings I have minimize the issue. Things get worst when night matches are being played with lights, so don't know exactly how to solve this. Let's see! 

Just now, fc.cadoni said:

You mean the CPU or lag? Because small lag, I can't avoid them 100%. With above settings I have minimize the issue. Things get worst when night matches are being played with lights, so don't know exactly how to solve this. Let's see! 

As i said its been logged so its being investigated so it will get solved as many have this issue .....

7 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Here is a fix posted in bugs section that worked for me 

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-bugs-tracker/match-engine-art-animations-facegen-manager-creator-and-sounds/jerky-3d-r8348/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-78570

Guys, many have problem after the last update. I have slow loading of the game and micro lag in the match, as well as overloading of the graphics card.. With this command --disable_flip_discard the game loads quickly but there is still a micro lag in the matches. When I don't use the specified command, the game loads slowly, but I don't have a micro lag in the game or it's less noticeable. I did the following, I don't use this command, but when the game starts to load, I press the win key and it automatically switches to windows mode. The game loads faster but still slow. When I enter the game, I lower the graphic settings to a lower level than recommended and I don't have these errors. My humble opinion is that the problem is with the rendering of the game and we have to wait for the developers to solve the problem there.

On 05/12/2022 at 09:17, alian62 said:

That isn't a fix ? It's just a temporary thing to use . 

I used it and its better but not perfect and my computer still processes at 45% 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, prot651 said:

That isn't a fix ? It's just a temporary thing to use . 

I used it and its better but not perfect and my computer still processes at 45% 

What was it processing at before the update for you then? The game has always used system resource when in matches. 

3 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

What was it processing at before the update for you then? The game has always used system resource when in matches. 

Neil, slightly off topic, but of all the screens in the UI, why does the club vision one seem to be the only one with a slight "hang" before opening.   Roughly 3 seasons in i am

6 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Im not sure what it was processing at before the update because it wasnt noticable . It was only after the update that the 3D became unplayable and i noticed my computer was running at a high level . 

Do we have a approx fix time for this ???