More Financial Information Available

Conoalie

I almost exclusively play in the depths of lower league football, with wage budgets in the hundreds rather than millions etc. With this comes a requirement to be more frugal and 'detailed' with money management. I appreciate that the finer detail is mostly irrelevant when hundreds of thousands/millions are thrown about daily in the premier league etc. but down here, "every little helps". The current data available with income and expenditure is not good enough to provide the necessary information to understand what's going on and secondly, there aren't enough tangible ways to influence the clubs income.

I don't have well thought out ideas on how to make it better, I just know that 52% of my expenditure last month (screenshot attached) was categorised as "other" and I have no idea of knowing what this is or how I can reduce it. Friendlies and match days against bigger clubs seem to be a good way of bringing in money but I can't see a way of knowing how much a specific game is worth. I can see the attendance of each match and I can see the sum of 'this month', 'last month', 'this season' and 'last season' gate receipts but (to my knowledge) I don't know how much tickets are or which matches were the biggest earners for me etc.

Money from friendlies is confusing anyway with the Fee & Income estimations that appear when arranging them. In my previous club it showed a fee of around £100 and an income of £500, once it was arranged the estimated changed to £500 fee and £500 income. I then went on and played the friendly and my budget decreased by a few thousand. I had no idea why I lost the money, where it went or if there was anyway of finding out.

I could type away all day but the gist of the issue is that frugal financial management is almost mandatory "way down here" and the information/tools aren't there to do it properly. 

And its all well and good saying my job is the results on the pitch but we all know that i could be well within my budgets, miss a few playoffs and therefore not get promoted and the club financial situation will plummet, which then further limits the things I'm able to do.

Expen.PNG

income.PNG

• 2 months later...