No U21, U18, or Reserve team

On a lower league save and my club had no other squad than the first team. Board rejected both attempts so far of getting one. 

Any experiences of this and when likely? I’ve had no reserve team before and used the u18’s in friendlies etc, but never nothing at all. And yes I have thoroughly checked development etc, definitely just a 1st team only 

Some lower league clubs have no reserves or youth systems. They're big costs and, like Premier League clubs vacuuming up League talent, League 1 and 2 clubs will vacuum up Vanarama and below talent.

Have you checked the club's real life website to see if they have reserve teams? If so and they're not in game, it's a bug or you're not looking in the right place. I had the latter issue early before I downloaded a familiar skin.

26 minutes ago, Caning the Days said:

Having a way to keep players fit who are not in your 1st eleven is quite useful to be honest. I've never seen it on any previous versions before.

you are probably semi pro anyway in lower leagues. training is absolutely useless as well at that level. just schedule your main squad for extra games against prem u21/23 teams it will raise money and keep your non squad guys fit. use trialists to fill in your friendlies.

you most likely wont go pro to you hit sky league 2. ive never seen a prem u21 team turn down a friendly unless their schedule is busy but there plenty of teams. you can schedule 2 of these a week and usually good for 10-30k depending on how bigg your stadium is,

Yeah thanks, I am semi-pro and I would be doing this, only the assistant manager brings on my 1st team squad as subs so they are getting knackered, and I can't be arsed to personally manage that many friendlies. Having to select a reserve 11 for every midweek game is a bit of a blag, but could stomach that, but the problem is the subs don't seem to be recognised as the ones chosen by me when the ass man takes control of the friendlies, so he is just bringing on the best players asap, even though I am not including them on the bench.

Seems like my options are having loads of unfit players or loads of knackered players. I understand the financials restraints of having an U21 or reserves, and the limitations on their usefulness to actually bring through players, but I have just never seen no second team of any kind before, and I always play lower league (although didn't buy fm22). My team IRL have a reserves and a youth team so it does seem odd

When I have only had an u18's before, the board have turned down a reserve team until championship level. What I would really like to know is if any age of youth team would take as long, or is this a bug even? The team didn't start as a standard playable team, as I wait a season and take on a promoted team to the National North or South.

18 hours ago, Caning the Days said:

Thanks! I am on a network game though, not the host, so think that might not work. Good work around though. Never heard of that skin/function before.

Yes the instant sim is extremely helpful in many situations. Lots of skins usually have it