What do people recommend for teams fighting relegation in first divisions, Now been in two separate leagues and I just cannot score?

15 hours ago, Chingwu said:

Tried counter attack, possession, tiki-taka the lot

this isn't enough information to go off of. Yes you have tried all that but maybe the way you set them up was wrong or your players are just not good enough so without knowing how you've set up and a basic knowledge of your players it will be difficult to give you suggestions 

What is your team good at? Who are your best players? Try to play to your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. If you have a big strong forward, use a target man and play a direct style. If you have fast players, you might consider passing into space and playing on the counter. If you have slow defenders, don't play a high defensive line...and so on.

With a bad team, my first thought would be a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 formation with a target man striker, runners in behind him at the midfield spots, and good dribblers out wide who can find space for crosses. Even on a limited budget, you can find some good cheap target men to lead the line and knock in the goals. I have had great success with Yaya Sanogo on a lower league save (with an amateur contract), as his strength and jumping reach routinely overwhelms defenders.