Why does the AI opposition never use the swap player position instruction?

I don't have the FM version for this year, but in FM 14 I know that the AI used this. I haven't played FM21 long enough to notice if it's there (the latest version of the game that I own). 

Also, you can really only notice this if you watch the full matches as it's not too common (though I think it was more common in older versions (FM17 and back)).

Why do you care though? It's not like it's a big thing to make their tactics any more effective.

2 minutes ago, DarJ said:

They do use it. I think they use it too much. All you have to do to see it is have their tactic up while playing and you’ll see that the wide players swapping positions quite often 

Oh fair enough. When I see average positions in the analysis screen and I have swapped players they always overlap. I never see this with the opposition positions.

1 minute ago, SimonHoddle said:

Oh fair enough. When I see average positions in the analysis screen and I have swapped players they always overlap. I never see this with the opposition positions.

It also depends on the formation they play. I usually notice it when they play formations like the 433 and 4231