Dynamics, relationships, cooperation of coaches

Pavel Kubicek

I think it would be appropriate to add dynamism, hierarchy and cooperation among employees as well. I think one can put together a team of coaches from 10 different countries (who don't understand each other) with everyone having different tactical preferences, which should cause confusion. Your assistant wants to play park the bus and your coach (who actually trains, for example, defense) wants to play gegenpres and extended defense. I'd like it to not only matter so much about attributes, but also synergy.

Thanks for feedback,

PK

I agree really. Coaches should be far more reluctant to join you if they don't fit your philosophies and if they do the issues it causes should be greater.

Working with coaches and other staff until they have a high level of respect for you should also lead to you having the option to have them as part of 'your' backroom staff, rather than just the club. I.e they should all leave if you're sacked or come with you if you move to another club. That should form part of the negotiations with the new club, i.e I want to bring my staff in, click Assistant Manager, two coaches, Head physio etc.

10 hours ago, busngabb said:

I agree really. Coaches should be far more reluctant to join you if they don't fit your philosophies and if they do the issues it causes should be greater.

Working with coaches and other staff until they have a high level of respect for you should also lead to you having the option to have them as part of 'your' backroom staff, rather than just the club. I.e they should all leave if you're sacked or come with you if you move to another club. That should form part of the negotiations with the new club, i.e I want to bring my staff in, click Assistant Manager, two coaches, Head physio etc.

Exactly. The most important thing in a manager's job is to lead or create a well-functioning team. The consolation is that the coaches who came with the coach will probably also leave with him, and then there are people connected to the club for a long time (former players, for example) who will probably stay there.