[Suggestion] Tournament squad screens

busngabb

It's probably been suggested before, but I think there needs to be a version of the squad screen for tournaments/pre-season tours. I'm managing Everton and we go on an annual tour of the USA, so I just tick the 'auto-select, include youth prospects' button to pick the squad. But when I'm there on the tournament or tour, I have no idea what's going on. I.e who has had minutes and who hasn't, who is training well, who from the youth squad is thriving amongst the senior players, who is struggling with the big tournament pressure or homesick etc. It should give visibility of which players are on the tour and suggestions from the coaches/physios/sports scientists etc on who needs more or less gametime. I.e pre-season Player X and Player Y are severely lacking match fitness, give them at least 60 minutes etc or Player Z looks at home amongst the first team, give him some gametime so we can assess his suitability for promotion to the first team squad. In a World Club tournament or International tournament, Player X is suffering exhaustion, rest him for the final group game etc, or Player Y is struggling for match sharpness, I suggest we give him minutes in the final group game as we've already qualified etc.

This could be a big part of the much needed revamp to international management as well. The screens could be branded with the Tournament and host city name etc. E.g Red and Green branding for the Canada/Mexico World Cup, with 'World Cup Canada/Mexico' in big letters, with 'Toronto' and a picture of the stadium and the World Cup logo. It would help with that big tournament feel, along with more intense press coverage etc, will he/won't he drama around injuries and selections etc. You could also revamp training during tournaments with this too, with a slimmed down training setup screen more similar to how teams and nations train during tournaments. Going to a World Cup in Qatar on FM is exactly the same look and field as a friendly at home to Malta currently.

Having this screen could also help with things like player happiness. I.e players would expect a certain number of games in big tournaments (Not pre-season), so their happiness would go up or down accordingly. I.e you don't pick Harry Kane for any of the group games and it's a major scandal, both in the press and within your squad happiness. You don't pick players for any of the group games, their morale drops (Or maintains as they are highly professional etc).

Edited by busngabb
Grammar/Added bits

• busngabb changed the title to [Suggestion] Tournament squad screens
  • 2 months later...