Players Refusing to Retrain Position

Would it be possible to be able to talk to the player in the future upgrades if they don’t want to change position?

Quite a few academy players recently would be good defenders… But are too stubborn to retrain. 

if you keep playing them in a different position - Presumably more likely to retrain?

• SI Staff
24 minutes ago, jamie_B_105 said:

Would it be possible to be able to talk to the player in the future upgrades if they don’t want to change position?

Quite a few academy players recently would be good defenders… But are too stubborn to retrain. 

if you keep playing them in a different position - Presumably more likely to retrain?

I've made a note of this as something to look into - please send in a save with some examples so we can know roughly what you're trying to do (and make sure there aren't other reasons for this not being considered - ie. if a player already plays in 5 positions, retraining for a sixth won't appeal to him tbh).

• 4 weeks later...

I have a player who "Has no interest in learning English". He has been with me for 9 seasons...

Does this impact him at all? I.e. limit his development / game performances (not understanding team talks / tactics etc)?

Would it be possible to be able to talk/interact with the player if they don’t want to learn the language and try to encourage them to do so? Hopefully a similar update to the above.

Thank you

• SI Staff
On 18/01/2023 at 05:25, jamie_B_105 said:

I have a player who "Has no interest in learning English". He has been with me for 9 seasons...

Does this impact him at all? I.e. limit his development / game performances (not understanding team talks / tactics etc)?

Would it be possible to be able to talk/interact with the player if they don’t want to learn the language and try to encourage them to do so? Hopefully a similar update to the above.

It'll mean sometimes teamtalks will go over his head - I'll look at including something to ensure that if a player stays long-term he'll at least pick up the basics of a language (after 9 years I expect he can at least order in a restaurant at this point ;) ).