Pains me to say it but rapidly falling out of love with Touch 23

I loved 22 Xbox which I played remotely on my iPad. Seeing effectively the same game released on iPhone  (identical engine, smaller database) was great news. Even more portable and accessible for a grown up lifestyle.

Unfortunately with Touch 23 it feels like I’m just watching events happen rather than influencing anything. My team rarely follows OIs and will often get played in behind even with a low block. High Quality players rarely do anything exceptional or of interest and it’s like watching basketball with two teams running up and down the pitch with minimal creativity.

21 always seemed like a programme which totted up the total attribute values of each team (added a tiny bit of randomness for variety) and then let a match happen no matter for the players on the pitch or managerial inputs. In that version I signed Trent Alexander from Liverpool and his crossing and passing was no better than serge aurier. 

23 Touch feels like a reversion to that model. No individual flair. No impact of decision making by the manager. Just plug in a team and watch a random match.

maybe i should go back to console but with identical MEs I don’t see the point. SI even decided to strip back rather than enhance the features for console. Fewer shouts, less analytical information etc. 

FM is head and shoulders above anything else but this year feels like one of their backward steps :-(

Not the only one, the game has so many bugs. But we’ve had only one update in which camera angles among others haven’t changed. When it’s a subscription based game, you kinda expect monthly updates. It feels more like a beta than the full release. It’s a shame as the game has unrivalled potential it’s just not polished enough. 

Edited by zakbrown96

On 16/12/2022 at 16:13, zakbrown96 said:

Not the only one, the game has so many bugs. But we’ve had only one update in which camera angles among others haven’t changed. When it’s a subscription based game, you kinda expect monthly updates. It feels more like a beta than the full release. It’s a shame as the game has unrivalled potential it’s just not polished enough. 

It's not a subscription based game. It's a game on a subscription service. That's not the same thing.

On 17/12/2022 at 21:48, TopToffee said:

It's not a subscription based game. It's a game on a subscription service. That's not the same thing.

But how many of us play the other games, because I don’t for one have zero interest in any of them but Football manager 

On 19/12/2022 at 23:12, zakbrown96 said:

But how many of us play the other games, because I don’t for one have zero interest in any of them but Football manager 

Quite possibly very few. Still doesn't make it a subscription game, subject to the expectations of that sort of product.

Edited by TopToffee