Alternative WC22 Teams

jpessol

Hi folks. This is probably a ridiculously obvious problem to solve, but I am new to Advance Rule editing and am stuck.

I am trying to change the teams playing in the World Cup 22 (Italy for Wales, Colombia for Ecuador etc), but can't find a way to get to a list of the teams registered to play in the tournament in order to substitute the ones I want.

Is it even possible to do this using the generic tournament or do I have to create an entirely new and specific WC via the Pre-game editor? (Which I would prefer not to have to do so that I can play the save beyond the end of the competition.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

My problem is I can not bring up a list of registered teams for the world cup. If I open the Editor and search for the WC, the only things not greyed out are Details, History, Records, Contract Types, and Media. The Teams tab can be opened, but all the sub headings are greyed out and empty. If I then click International Rules followed by Advanced Rules, nothing changes.image.thumb.png.20997a390725577fc184a0aa1ab02002.png

Has someone deleted the list already in that "league and data updates" file? Something's happened, there's definitely a list of registered teams in the default DB. (edit: I'm wrong)

Are there any changes at the bottom of that list of headings on the left? Try removing them if so

Edited by themodelcitizen

4 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Something's happened, there's definitely a list of registered teams in the default DB.

Had a look myself and no, they aren't in the default DB anymore, I assume it changed after the latest update.

1 hour ago, jpessol said:

If I then click International Rules followed by Advanced Rules, nothing changes.

How do the Advanced Rules look for you? Because I can access the registered teams without problems in my isolated World Cup file.

Edited by V2023

9 minutes ago, V2023 said:

Had a look myself and no, they aren't in the default DB anymore, I assume it changed after the latest update.

How do the Advanced Rules look for you? Because I can access the registered teams without problems in my isolated World Cup file.

You're right. Not sure where I was seeing them. Might have loaded the pre-update DB by mistake this morning

Edited by themodelcitizen

Let me run through what I'm doing so maybe someone can spot where I'm going wrong.

1. Open Pre-Game editor 2. Select FIFA Cup 3. Select 'Add international rules'. 4 Select 'Covert to Advanced Rules' 5. Select International Competition. 6. Select FIFA World Cup - and this is where I get stuck. So where do I go from here? Is actually possible to edit the normal WC or do I have to create a stand alone competition for a specific save? Many thanks for your patience.

image.thumb.png.4ca0f326bb2b746265a466b640b486bd.png

You have to extract the World Cup rules and add them into your file, then you should be able to edit the registered teams.

Here's the guide on how to do tha:

As you can see from the attached file, I've managed to get the stage of being able to edit the teams I want. However, it appears that the changes are not verified and thus loadable into a new save. Do I have to delete the data in notebook xml file - and if so, from where to where? Hopefully this will be last time I have to bother anyone. Many thanks.image.thumb.png.ebd7a5306c1c75a3a335535739a65deb.png 

image.thumb.png.91127f1de8238baf3ac7bd02d9995bd5.png

1 hour ago, jpessol said:

However, it appears that the changes are not verified and thus loadable into a new save.

It should be possible to verify them in the editor, or is there some kind of error?

7 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Probably still counted as a nation rules file rather than an international rules one, thus unable to verify international competitions.

Yeah you're right, the method with deleting something in the .xml doesn't seem to work because of that.

But the Copy-Paste-Method you found still works, @jpessolhave you tried that? It's the one on the second page of the linked thread.