Penalty Taking etiquette

Lucas

Just like defenders will tackle harder if the referee allows it, Martinez will go as far as the referee allows to reduce the probability of a good penalty shot by the opponent.  He's not hurting anyone physically or mentally with what he does.

The off-field antics are for Argentinean fans, who enjoy a much more vulgar brand of humor than what is the norm for Europeans. Mbappe talked **** about South American football before the World Cup and crushed Argentina's cup dreams in 2018, so he's the enemy. Dibu could have done much worse than holding a baby doll with Mbappe's face on it.

3 hours ago, TokyoWanderer said:

Just like defenders will tackle harder if the referee allows it, Martinez will go as far as the referee allows to reduce the probability of a good penalty shot by the opponent.  He's not hurting anyone physically or mentally with what he does.

The off-field antics are for Argentinean fans, who enjoy a much more vulgar brand of humor than what is the norm for Europeans. Mbappe talked **** about South American football before the World Cup and crushed Argentina's cup dreams in 2018, so he's the enemy. Dibu could have done much worse than holding a baby doll with Mbappe's face on it.

In fairness though, I think by any standard that's really disrespectful about Mbappe - Which is weird because I'm sure I saw them having a chat after the game? Did I imagine that?

Btw, he looks steaming at this point :lol: Judgement oot the window