Transfer a save from iPad to iPhone

Hello all

i am looking for some advice please. I currently have 2 games running at the same time, one on my iPhone and one on my sons iPad. My phone has gone away for repair however so I started the game on the iPad. After playing for a while on the iPad I have decided that, for obvious reasons, the iPad experience is far better.

I was wondering therefore is it possible to transfer my save from my phone to the iPad? I am not sure if it will be possible though cos the iPhone is logged into my Apple ID, and the iPad logged into my sons, so saving to the cloud is out I believe?

any advice to get around this is massively welcome. 

feel free to private message me if needs be with instructions 

On 21/12/2022 at 15:44, newton136 said:

Hello all

i am looking for some advice please. I currently have 2 games running at the same time, one on my iPhone and one on my sons iPad. My phone has gone away for repair however so I started the game on the iPad. After playing for a while on the iPad I have decided that, for obvious reasons, the iPad experience is far better.

I was wondering therefore is it possible to transfer my save from my phone to the iPad? I am not sure if it will be possible though cos the iPhone is logged into my Apple ID, and the iPad logged into my sons, so saving to the cloud is out I believe?

any advice to get around this is massively welcome. 

feel free to private message me if needs be with instructions 

Hey @newton136 it is possible. You just need to save that game to the cloud. So that way when you log in on your iPad using the same Apple ID the file should appear. There is a helpful guide provided below.

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/10495106714129-How-can-I-save-and-sync-game-saves-in-Football-Manager-Touch-on-Apple-Arcade-#text

Oversight on my part replying quite late in the day! :D  Apologies from me on that front. 

You can still do this if you plug your devices into iTunes.

1) Connect your device (with the save on that you want to transfer) to iTunes.
2) Scroll down the main navigation panel and go to File Sharing.
3) Football Manager 2023 Touch.
4) We can't go into individual folders to extract specific files, instead we have to extract the entire folder. Click the folder containing the file you want (games) and click save at the bottom of the panel.
5) Choose a location on your computer to extract this. Please ensure there isn't already a folder with the same name in the same place, and click save to.
6) You can now browse that folder on your PC and access the files as normal.
7) We can't put individual files directly on the iPad, we have to mimic the folder structure the iPad uses then copy the entire thing onto it.
8) Create an empty folder on your computer called 'games'
9) Copy the save file(s) you want from the PC into this new folder.
10) Connect the new device (the one you want to move the save to).
11) Scroll down the main navigation panel and go to File Sharing.
12) Football Manager 2023 Touch.
13) Drag the 'games' folder you created earlier onto the documents panel and click replace if prompted.
14) This WILL overwrite all your save games on the device (in this case seems like you won't have any anyway, but just a heads up).
15) When the copy has finished the games are now ready to use.