Any way around the "cannot leave - just arrived at the club" thingy ?

It's most likely that you've also encountered this: you sign a player in the summer, on bossman, and after that you transfer list /offer him to other clubs in order to get some cash.

Now we can't do this anymore because the player is unwilling to leave as he only recently joined the club. I know, it's realistic, i agree on that, but i REALLY have to offload some players. I've signed about 15 of them in the summer but now I'm stuck with them and their huge wages :(

- has anyone found a way to get past this ?

- after how many months spent at the club will they be willing to leave ?

Strange thing is that on the "personal" screen they're future plans are "expecting to leave the club soon".

I got a way around it: don't sign them and play the game properly.

Why would a player join and sign a nice high paying job with a 2 year + contract then leave after a week to go to another club who will proberly pay them less.

Proberly :D

Sorry but this has got to be word of the day.

Well, I suppose it's better than "prolly", which every time I see it, makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

Why would a player join and sign a nice high paying job with a 2 year + contract then leave after a week to go to another club who will proberly pay them less.

I think this is also not happing in the rl, so good thing that SI has added this.

LOL, I know it's realistic, and i also like the fact that this was introduced, as mentioned in the first post :)

Thing is, that i didn't knew this would happen when deciding to sign a bucket full of players :D and now I'm about to get fired because of the club losses.

So, can you tell me at least how much will it take for them to be willing to leave ?

P.S: and don't act like you've never done this in the previous FM games :p

The more serious point to this is that it means you cant shift players the previous manager has bought.

I think if this is the case it should be waived, with you able to say that you don't want him because he's a previous manager's signing.

Other than that, it is realistic, as above.

LOL, I know it's realistic, and i also like the fact that this was introduced, as mentioned in the first post :)

Thing is, that i didn't knew this would happen when deciding to sign a bucket full of players :D and now I'm about to get fired because of the club losses.

So, can you tell me at least how much will it take for them to be willing to leave ?

P.S: and don't act like you've never done this in the previous FM games :p

Well, since you've indulged in what many (everyone?) considers cheating, why not simply add another manager to buy all those players off you? :D

I may be wrong but irl you can't sell a player for a year after you've signed him!? as said above the only way would be a loan, or a loan with a view to a permanent transfer, pain in the ass but i really do like this addition as it keeps you on your toes as you can't just bring in tons of players sell em and have millions in the bank as that was totaly unrealistic and was imo a cheat!

The more serious point to this is that it means you cant shift players the previous manager has bought.

Agreed. I came to Lazio 1 day after Kone had been signed by the previous manager...Kone put in alot of lacklustre performances and guess what? The board had low confidence in me because of the performance of a certain Mr. Kone come the end of the season.

A way around this to offload the player on-loan until you can actually sell the player.

I have the same situation where I sign a backup/youth player with the intention of going on loan. Now, I have no problem getting them to a feeder club, but they refuse to be offered out on loan to any other team.

thats the thing, Dougy Marshall and bigbuyinthesky, its all well and good getting on your high horse about cheating etc. however In real life Rade Prica was told he could leave if he found another club, he signed in jan of last season yet i cant get rid to begin with due to this, and i refuse to use an editor, The guy wont even go on loan to anyone as the only clubs intrested he claims arent good enough, yet hes rotting the reserves and im payinghis wages. At the mo im meant to just leave him there for the rest of the year?

Thats fine for transferring players, but what about new signings that clubs wont loan because theyve only just arrived at the club?

I dont sign 17 and 20 year olds to go straight into the first team, so I want to be able to loan them out. Watford board refuse to have feeder clubs so you cant loan em out even though they are listed for loan, clubs want them on loan but when you offer them for loan they say they've only just signed for the club etc.

TBH thats bollox.

Proberly :D

Sorry but this has got to be word of the day.

Well, I suppose it's better than "prolly", which every time I see it, makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

Well imho 'proberly' is just bad spelling, whereas 'prolly' is just much easier to type - especially when texting....so prolly best to just keep breathing deeply and swallow it back down....laziness will always win out in the end.

In response to the original post, I have to say I often encounter this problem too - in previous FM's it wasn't a huge issue, but this 'just recently joined the club' thing is more challenging in FM09. I suggested the possibility of cancelling agreed transfers (for a fine obviously) as far back as 06....seems more relevant now more than ever.

The reason is quite simply that in order to beat the AI to the punch on free transfers it often becomes necessary to get in early. Later on during a massively successful season it becomes apparent that you won't be needing Joe Smith the dork defender anymore because you're getting Rio and carragher at the end of the season. Why shouldn't I be able to negotiate my way out of the contract I offered the player before he actually joins - surely not in his interest to join and get instantly dumped in the reserves ?! Equally so there should be a chance of the player himself backing out (the fine he pays could be paid by his new team for instance)....

So lets say as an example Marek Hamsik agrees to join Werder Bremen on a free at the end of season x......Man utd suddenly have a longterm injury problem in the middle of the park at the end of the season in addition to having agreed to sell players in this area and make an approach to Hamsik and Werder that they might be allowed to either a) buy out Werders interest in the player (effectivley paying off werder to allow Hamsik to join for free when his contract expires with his previous team) or b) pay Hamsik the fine that he would be forced to pay by cancelling his pre-contract with Werder...effectively rendering that contract null and void by doing so and freeing himself up to join Man Utd.

Canceling agreed free transfers should be possible and I think is more realistic and less 'cheaty' than the current (although now somewhat nerfed) way of doing things....

Any thoughts ?

Thats fine for transferring players, but what about new signings that clubs wont loan because theyve only just arrived at the club?

I dont sign 17 and 20 year olds to go straight into the first team, so I want to be able to loan them out. Watford board refuse to have feeder clubs so you cant loan em out even though they are listed for loan, clubs want them on loan but when you offer them for loan they say they've only just signed for the club etc.

TBH thats bollox.

For me that qualifies as a bug.......

I had a problem with this in my first season. Where I had players that had just signed for the club in the summer, however when I took over I had no need for them. So therefore I had to pay 3 players wages for the whole season costing me valuable money and wage funds.

A way around this to offload the player on-loan until you can actually sell the player.

You'll often encounter the same problem regarding loans.

I've always signed young players to loan them out, but in 09, thats not as easy as it was in 08 cause of this.

Moving them to affiliate is a possibility. But then they often dont get to play as high as possible.

thats the thing, Dougy Marshall and bigbuyinthesky, its all well and good getting on your high horse about cheating etc. however In real life Rade Prica was told he could leave if he found another club, he signed in jan of last season yet i cant get rid to begin with due to this, and i refuse to use an editor, The guy wont even go on loan to anyone as the only clubs intrested he claims arent good enough, yet hes rotting the reserves and im payinghis wages. At the mo im meant to just leave him there for the rest of the year?

Do you blame him? He's got a right cushty job there :D

I like this new rule, but it seems like it needs to be tweaked to allow transfers once the 1st season ends. I like selling players and turning a profit in the late spring/early summer after season is over, so they move as the transfer window opens July 1. Not a huge issue, but I like it better being able to go into the transfer window with the money available from sold players, as well as the money freed up from wages. In terms of being realistic, buying a player in July and then selling them the following June doesn't seem too bad to me.

I think the issue with not being able to loan out newly signed players to other teams needs to be looked at. If you sign a high quality young player, you should be able to send him out to get some experience if he isn't good enough yet to play in your 1st team.

I don't mind not being to sell newly signed players, but not being able to loan out young players is taking it too far I think.

I've run into the same problem with a player who requested a transfer a couple of months into his first season, after he'd failed to settle. That is falling into bug territory in my view.

That said I did sell a free transfer signing after six months in my Rochdale game. I managed to get Lua Lua to join my League One campaign, but Championship sides came sniffing. It seems it will let clubs chase and unsettle players but it won't let you proactively try and move them on.

on my game usually the player doesn't want to go on loan. This is annoying as well if you buy a youngster and want to loan him straight away. No one bids because he just joined.

It's really annoying. I found this out today when I signed a 20 year old GK. He wouldn't go straight out on loan because he only just joined the club so my AM told me to transfer list him! I only want him to get experience.

Well imho 'proberly' is just bad spelling, whereas 'prolly' is just much easier to type - especially when texting....so prolly best to just keep breathing deeply and swallow it back down....laziness will always win out in the end.

In response to the original post, I have to say I often encounter this problem too - in previous FM's it wasn't a huge issue, but this 'just recently joined the club' thing is more challenging in FM09. I suggested the possibility of cancelling agreed transfers (for a fine obviously) as far back as 06....seems more relevant now more than ever.

The reason is quite simply that in order to beat the AI to the punch on free transfers it often becomes necessary to get in early. Later on during a massively successful season it becomes apparent that you won't be needing Joe Smith the dork defender anymore because you're getting Rio and carragher at the end of the season. Why shouldn't I be able to negotiate my way out of the contract I offered the player before he actually joins - surely not in his interest to join and get instantly dumped in the reserves ?! Equally so there should be a chance of the player himself backing out (the fine he pays could be paid by his new team for instance)....

So lets say as an example Marek Hamsik agrees to join Werder Bremen on a free at the end of season x......Man utd suddenly have a longterm injury problem in the middle of the park at the end of the season in addition to having agreed to sell players in this area and make an approach to Hamsik and Werder that they might be allowed to either a) buy out Werders interest in the player (effectivley paying off werder to allow Hamsik to join for free when his contract expires with his previous team) or b) pay Hamsik the fine that he would be forced to pay by cancelling his pre-contract with Werder...effectively rendering that contract null and void by doing so and freeing himself up to join Man Utd.

Canceling agreed free transfers should be possible and I think is more realistic and less 'cheaty' than the current (although now somewhat nerfed) way of doing things....

Any thoughts ?

I think you're wanting SI to make the transfer market too easy

Why on earth would Werder Bremen want to give away a player they've signed a pre-contract agreement with when they can accept an inflated offer for him once he's actually under contract if you're that desperate to sign him?

I don't see why SI should write a load of "what if there was a tribunal?" code just to make it easier for managers to remedy their mistakes.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how the game engine inforces this rule? I want to get round it because its nonsense, there is no such rule (although there is one about not playing for more than 2 clubs in the same season - think Daniel Cousin's abandonded transfer to Fulham last year). Just look at the proposed transfers for Keane and Mendes today, both of whom signed for there current clubs less than a year ago.

The best example IRL is probably Rudi Skacel, and those who say signing a player and selling him on for a profit straight away is "cheating" might want to look this one up. Skacel was on loan to Hearts for a season, as part of the deal Hearts agreed a deal where they could make it permanent for £300K, without the player having any say (say what you like about Mr Romanov, but he knows how to do a deal!). At the end of the season Hearts exercised the option, paid £300K to sign him. Within a month he was sold to Southampton for £1.6million. This was without ever playing a game as a signed Hearts player.

The reason i want to change it in the game is more to do with the first transfer window, rather than to try and make money. I choose Liverpool to start my game and i dont particularly want Robbie Keane. But i cant sell him....

I tried editing both "contract start date" and "joined club" dates using a real time editor, but still only get loan offers. Does anyone know what the game looks at in the background to decide a player cant be sold?

Cheers

Archived