Lies, damned lies and FM statistics.

I am curious to see a screenshot of your tactic. I am guessing your players very rarely cross from open play, meaning most of your crosses are coming from corners, where the completion percentage will be much higher. I guess you have play out of defence, very short passing, and work ball into box selected -- and maybe even lower tempo.

The stats screens in my game appear believable, although I don't have any pure outliers like you have.

30 minutes ago, Overmars said:

I am curious to see a screenshot of your tactic. I am guessing your players very rarely cross from open play, meaning most of your crosses are coming from corners, where the completion percentage will be much higher. I guess you have play out of defence, very short passing, and work ball into box selected -- and maybe even lower tempo.

The stats screens in my game appear believable, although I don't have any pure outliers like you have.

I have 'pure outliers'. My squad is very short, so I've developed a possession-heavy passing and pressing game which keeps the ball on the carpet to minimise our weaknesses. Thus,

keep it on the floor.jpg

possession outlier.jpg

Edited by phnompenhandy

Lots of accurate passes for defenders just means they are safely passing it around the back rather than trying something more risky. It entirely depends how your tactic is set up, maybe you are playing out from the back but the options for the defenders to go forward is limited, thus they just pass it amongst themselves. 

The crosses thing again is tactic dependent, if you play narrow and look to pass through teams you might play next to no crosses, so the only crosses might be close range byline crosses which thus have a high rate of success and that is how you get your numbers rather than fullbacks bombing the balls into the box from deep. 

Like said above if you don't know what your tactic is doing, what is supposed to be doing etc. then the stats aren't going to mean much, it needs context. 

11 hours ago, DarJ said:

They make send to me. Your mentality, short passing, lower tempo and work ball into the box tells me lots of passing and not a lot of crosses 

Hmmm. I’m not asking them to cross less. Our crossing accuracy is 1000% better than the next best. Not saying you’re not right but there’s outliers then there’s different universe. 

would love to hear from someone at SI on this. To confidently say the stats are robust. I’m having doubts and with so few outputs, stats are important. If they’re wrong it’s game breaking as that’s what FM players rely on to devise tactics, strategies and counter the opposition.

anyone at SI care to comment? Would love to stand corrected and hear stats are accurate 

Edited by SimonHoddle

On 24/12/2022 at 02:17, SimonHoddle said:

Hmmm. I’m not asking them to cross less. Our crossing accuracy is 1000% better than the next best. Not saying you’re not right but there’s outliers then there’s different universe. 

would love to hear from someone at SI on this. To confidently say the stats are robust. I’m having doubts and with so few outputs, stats are important. If they’re wrong it’s game breaking as that’s what FM players rely on to devise tactics, strategies and counter the opposition.

anyone at SI care to comment? Would love to stand corrected and hear stats are accurate 

1918359286_BMGcrossing.png.b07bbd872fa2e19ddba4de803608c31a.png

One thing that jumps out to me is that your rivals have bizarrely terrible crossing completion percentages.

I play vertical tiki-taka which is fairly narrow and prioritises working the ball into the box over crossing and therefore I have a high completion percentage comparable to yours. For some reason other teams on your data are in the low single digit percentages, whereas on my save other teams have much more normal success with crossing. Unless you've managed to clone David Moyes from that 2-2 against Fulham and put him in charge of all your rivals.

The issue is not your numbers, but those of your rivals imo

23 hours ago, The_jagster said:

1918359286_BMGcrossing.png.b07bbd872fa2e19ddba4de803608c31a.png

One thing that jumps out to me is that your rivals have bizarrely terrible crossing completion percentages.

I play vertical tiki-taka which is fairly narrow and prioritises working the ball into the box over crossing and therefore I have a high completion percentage comparable to yours. For some reason other teams on your data are in the low single digit percentages, whereas on my save other teams have much more normal success with crossing. Unless you've managed to clone David Moyes from that 2-2 against Fulham and put him in charge of all your rivals.

The issue is not your numbers, but those of your rivals imo

That’s really interesting. So the entire EPL, apart from my team of Beckhams, can’t cross. Or….the stats are utterly wrong. 

@si announcementsWould love to hear someone from SI confirm the data hub stats are very reliable and robust. My faith is being tested. 

Edited by SimonHoddle