Help with making my tactic works, 4-4-2 diamond

So what I want to do is to force the opponent to play down the middle (by instructing my WBs to mark their wing players). Hoping to press them in midfield and overwhelm with my diamond in the midfield. In theory, this should be straight forward, but for some reason, it doesn't really work. Any suggestion to make this approach works? As you can see, I already set the OI to press all the midfields and mark all the wingers tightly. Any ideas would be great

20221226005511_1.jpg

20221226005132_1.jpg

20221226005141_1.jpg

20221226005615_1.jpg

2 saat önce, AJ21 said:

So what I want to do is to force the opponent to play down the middle (by instructing my WBs to mark their wing players). Hoping to press them in midfield and overwhelm with my diamond in the midfield. In theory, this should be straight forward, but for some reason, it doesn't really work. Any suggestion to make this approach works? As you can see, I already set the OI to press all the midfields and mark all the wingers tightly. Any ideas would be great

20221226005511_1.jpg

20221226005132_1.jpg

20221226005141_1.jpg

20221226005615_1.jpg

Then, first you need to change the mentality of the right WB. This should help him close down a bit further up pitch. An attack duty won't hurt here as you have a disciplined anchorman sitting in front of your defence.

I wouldn't let my CBs close down opposition AMC in absence of the DM who may shift over to cover the gaps in case of a turnover during the build-up, which could cut you open more easily through the middle. 

Finally, your system seems to lack in depth on the left half space. One of your players should position behind them to properly support the attack and combine with WBs, the playmaker and PF. This will help you become more compact defensively and recycle possession more easily in case they run out of passing options due to bad positioning by your attackers.

Edited by frukox

8 hours ago, frukox said:

I wouldn't let my CBs close down opposition AMC in absence of the DM who may shift over to cover the gaps in case of a turnover during the build-up, which could cut you open more easily through the middle. 

And how do I make sure that jappen? remove trigger press for the AMC?

8 hours ago, frukox said:

Finally, your system seems to lack in depth on the left half space. One of your players should position behind them to properly support the attack and combine with WBs, the playmaker and PF. 

Could you elaborate on that point, please?

23 minutes ago, AJ21 said:

I think, and I may be wrong, but I think this is referring to the fact that the WB(a) and the Mez(a) will be high up the pitch in roughly the same area. On the righthand side, the dlp(s) won't be as fat forward, therefore giving you more options on that side of the pitch.

Then again, I may be wrong.

In a 442 diamond, the wing backs are almost the only source of width, and in your tactic your right wing back stays back, while the DLP is also anchoring his position.  

Then your left side is really attacking with a WBat and a MEZat. You have « play out of defense » ticked and your left CD might lack of solutions. 

Finally you have 3 goalscorers up front with a PFat, AF and SS who will make similar runs. 

What I would do

- Change your right wing back into a WBat (or WBsu to work better with the DLP)

- Change your left wing back into a WBsu

- swap your strikers to have the AF on the left, and consider a striker on support duty (or at least a striker who drop more) on the right to work with the DLP

- perhaps change your MEZat into a support one 

1 saat önce, AJ21 said:

Remove OI, then you'll be fine.

Think about the attacking shape in transition: PFA and AFA are on the shoulder of the last defenders. SS will aggressively attack space in the final third, too. Yet, you already have two people pushing up early. As if this isn't enough, the mezzala will also attack the left half-space early. Who is going to support the attacking play here other than DLPS?