How to give orders for DoF to make contract with a player?

OK. This team I'm managing - it sucks. So low on reputation, that I just can't find players. Well, I'm also quite bad on negotiation skills, so... DoF, where are you?

I planned to do this way - I read all scouts' reports, choose right players for our team, and then initiate that players contract negotiations. Which I leave to my DoF.

First, how and where do I do that? If I choose 'Approach to sign', it makes me the negotiator, right? Or, can I there "push a button" to give that job to DoF? Or, where is that button/option?

Second, what is your opinion - is this the better way, or should I leave initiating contracts and negotiations to DoF, and keep ONLY finalising contracts myself?

Or leave that player searching and contracts to scouts and DoF?

I use this all the time. The DoF negotiates the purchase and if he's successful you'll receive a message to that effect which gives you the option to leave the contract negotiations to the DoF or for you do them. If you delegate the contact negotiations to the DoF and he's unsuccessful you should be given the option to take over the negotiations yourself.