Academy club generating regens for Parent club

ClemB

Hi,

Basically I am trying to replicate the Canadian Premier League IRL system where clubs have no academies and rely on local academies to sign youth talents. So I would like to have a parent club not generating any regens and be linked to regional academies which they can poach regens from.

I tried the following set ups:

- Parent team has youth intake disabled+ feeder team with box "players move freely" ticked: The AI doesn't move any players from feeder team to parent team

- Parent team has youth intake disabled + feeder team is a "B Team" in the editor: B Team generates no regens

- Parent team has youth intake activated + feeder team is a "B Team" in the editor: Parent team generates regens

So nothing I really want. 

Any ideas? Thanks.

Edited by ClemB

• ClemB changed the title to Academy club generating regens for Parent club

Ok, the way I have seen this setup is that the "parent" club has no youth recruitment or youth facilities or junior coaching etc.

Should you have a feeder team set as an "academy" team (or "regional academy", I don't have the editor open at the moment), they would generate the players but, and this is purely me thinking out loud here, I would assume that, even with "players move freely" ticked, the parent team would only take players that the AI manager deems good enough.

Il y a 4 heures, EnigMattic1 a dit :

Ok, the way I have seen this setup is that the "parent" club has no youth recruitment or youth facilities or junior coaching etc.

Should you have a feeder team set as an "academy" team (or "regional academy", I don't have the editor open at the moment), they would generate the players but, and this is purely me thinking out loud here, I would assume that, even with "players move freely" ticked, the parent team would only take players that the AI manager deems good enough.

That is correct. The problem is the AI manager will only take a handful number of players (like 1 every 3 years) and ones with a CA already good enough so they can make an immediate impact on the parent team. So it doesn't really work.

7 minutes ago, ClemB said:

That is correct. The problem is the AI manager will only take a handful number of players (like 1 every 3 years) and ones with a CA already good enough so they can make an immediate impact on the parent team. So it doesn't really work.

But, at the same time, how often do you see more than a handful of players going from an academy to the first team in one go?

I mean, you are trying to replicate the Canadian setup. Valour have an u18 side that will eventually operate as their academy. They have only ever had a handful of players total since the inception of the u18 side that have even trained with the first team. FC Edmonton didn't do too badly with regards to calling up players but closed their academy because they couldn't afford it. Cavalry tend to send players to their academy.

Off the top of my head, the only instance of more than a handful of players going at once would be the "Class of '92" at Manchester United and that was a rare occasion.

il y a 1 minute, EnigMattic1 a dit :

But, at the same time, how often do you see more than a handful of players going from an academy to the first team in one go?

I mean, you are trying to replicate the Canadian setup. Valour have an u18 side that will eventually operate as their academy. They have only ever had a handful of players total since the inception of the u18 side that have even trained with the first team. FC Edmonton didn't do too badly with regards to calling up players but closed their academy because they couldn't afford it. Cavalry tend to send players to their academy.

Off the top of my head, the only instance of more than a handful of players going at once would be the "Class of '92" at Manchester United and that was a rare occasion.

Not so much but probably more than 1 every 3 years like I see in game

The other issue is that if you delete the CPL academies in FM in order to come close to real life, then the CPL really lacks a pool of players to build their squads from since:

- L1 Ontario regens are poor and even if they have a decent CA, they will never reach it because the league rep, the facilities and the coaching are poor.

- There are not enough Canadian regens generated abroad (the CPL relies a lot on the diaspora)

- Too little transfer activity from AI managers

To overcome this, I decided to make U-Sports players slightly better than they are but this is not enough to supply an entire league. Hence my idea of forcing CPL teams to sign a lot of talents from L1 Ontario or other academies, even if CPL sides don't do it that often IRL. 

13 minutes ago, ClemB said:

Not so much but probably more than 1 every 3 years like I see in game

The other issue is that if you delete the CPL academies in FM in order to come close to real life, then the CPL really lacks a pool of players to build their squads from since:

- L1 Ontario regens are poor and even if they have a decent CA, they will never reach it because the league rep, the facilities and the coaching are poor.

- There are not enough Canadian regens generated abroad (the CPL relies a lot on the diaspora)

- Too little transfer activity from AI managers

To overcome this, I decided to make U-Sports players slightly better than they are but this is not enough to supply an entire league. Hence my idea of forcing CPL teams to sign a lot of talents from L1 Ontario or other academies, even if CPL sides don't do it that often IRL. 

In the CPL this year, SI have added the draft which, if you use the file by @yellowsweatygorilla, will allow each CPL team 2 picks of players from L1O, L1BC, PLSQ and the AMSL. All the League1 leagues are playable and, as such, gives an increase in player development due to them actually playing competitive matches. YSG has also deleted the respective CPL academies and the actual file plays out really well.

il y a 1 minute, EnigMattic1 a dit :

In the CPL this year, SI have added the draft which, if you use the file by @yellowsweatygorilla, will allow each CPL team 2 picks of players from L1O, L1BC, PLSQ and the AMSL. All the League1 leagues are playable and, as such, gives an increase in player development due to them actually playing competitive matches. YSG has also deleted the respective CPL academies and the actual file plays out really well.

Thanks Im actually using this file and built my own database from it. I created U Sports and made the draft picking U Sports players only, like in real life. Despite being playable, L1 is still not competitive enough to generate enough decent players for the CPL. If you generate 10 seasons in the game; the average CA goes from like +100 to about 90.

21 minutes ago, ClemB said:

Thanks Im actually using this file and built my own database from it. I created U Sports and made the draft picking U Sports players only, like in real life. Despite being playable, L1 is still not competitive enough to generate enough decent players for the CPL. If you generate 10 seasons in the game; the average CA goes from like +100 to about 90.

I've done similar. I've gone all the way down to high school level in Manitoba at the moment. I think, with Canada in general, due to the lack of promotion/relegation, the reputation of teams outside of the CPL doesn't increase to the extent that would increase the CA/PA of newgens. Outside of increasing the facilities of the academy/U-Sports sides, the overall CA/PA of newgens will remain at around the same level as when you start a save.