More dodgy data hub stats. Or if true, what is going on???

I have asked SI repeatedly to confirm they have full confidence in the stats the game produces. It is holiday season and they’re v busy but I’d appreciate a reply.

take the numbers below. I play a 4231 system with 2 defensive midfielders, 2 top class CBs and a high press. Not only are our numbers below the worst in the league, they are by a vast margin. So that’s either complete BS (see my previous post on joke crossing stats) or my defenders and DMs can’t defend. That’s Bastoni, Romero, Bentancur and Bissouma btw. 

any advice on how I get my top class players to block and clear???

866ADE8E-7528-4921-9D8F-4FC8F63FBA13.jpeg

4 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

One graph with no context doesn't tell you anything. Maybe you're a possession-hog and your defenders don't come under assault much.

I’m inclined to agree with this thought process. Look at Guardiola’s City team… they rank very low in tackles per game but excel in almost every in possession metric.

If your team are dominating the games and not facing many opponents attacks, your stats *could* look like your graph does.

Have you got any other graphs you can show (tackles, possession stats, your overall performance polygon)?

15 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

I’m inclined to agree with this thought process. Look at Guardiola’s City team… they rank very low in tackles per game but excel in almost every in possession metric.

If your team are dominating the games and not facing many opponents attacks, your stats *could* look like your graph does.

Have you got any other graphs you can show (tackles, possession stats, your overall performance polygon)?

My defending graph looks the same as his - and here's the possession

possession outlier.jpg

We don't win the ball BECAUSE we don't lose the ball, and our defenders don't come under much pressure. There are deep-dive threads on interpreting data in the Tactics forum.

Edited by phnompenhandy

23 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

My defending graph looks the same as his - and here's the possession

possession outlier.jpg

We don't win the ball BECAUSE we don't lose the ball, and our defenders don't come under much pressure. There are deep-dive threads on interpreting data in the Tactics forum.

Sorry if I confused things… my graph query was aimed at OP, not you 😁

12 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

Sorry if I confused things… my graph query was aimed at OP, not you 😁

Oh right - well, that's the point. Instead of coming on here all entitled, if he analyses the data he'll probably find his answers. It doesn't look like he's capable of doing that right now, so he needs to get acquainted with the Tactics forum, go in with some humility and learn something.

Worst in the league, or best in the league?

This tactic you mention is high press. I've just noted your other thread on the stats subject where you have a heavily possession-based approach so going to assume the same in this instance..... Why are you wanting more blocks and clearances!??? We need more context here but if results are good, and your goals against tally is reasonable, then surely you're doing alright and you're not doing blocks/clearances because your tactical aims of pressing and possession are...... working.

Sorry, but can't see how you're coming to this interpretation.

The only problems I see here are, as per usual, questionable advice from the AI through your Assistant (it doesn't say outright this is a problem, but telling you it should be looked into suggests it's a negative issue and maybe has led OP down the path), and also whether it should be possible for human-controlled teams to be such statistical outliers against a small cluster (caused because AI teams don't really play a hugely variant style), but then that's always been the case on FM.

Um. Whose acting entitled lol? 
for reference, no. My team isnt hogging possession like Man City and yes we have to defend a great deal. My league stats this season are W2, D4, L4. Defo not city. I guess I got burned with the absurd stat below which suggests my team crosses with 1000% more accuracy than any other.. very believable….I very much doubt there are any teams IRL with such outlying stats as your Loch Ness (appropriate name given the scarcely believable context) or my Spurs.

this was meant to be a direct reply to @phnompenhandy

37B54ABE-3997-4FC7-8917-88BB60A78C67.jpeg

Edited by SimonHoddle

1 hour ago, SimonHoddle said:

Um. Whose acting entitled lol? 
for reference, no. My team isnt hogging possession like Man City and yes we have to defend a great deal. My league stats this season are W2, D4, L4. Defo not city. I guess I got burned with the absurd stat below which suggests my team crosses with 1000% more accuracy than any other.. very believable….I very much doubt there are any teams IRL with such outlying stats as your Loch Ness (appropriate name given the scarcely believable context) or my Spurs.

this was meant to be a direct reply to @phnompenhandy

37B54ABE-3997-4FC7-8917-88BB60A78C67.jpeg

If you are positive if its a bug. Then it'll better if you report it at bug center and upload this save file...

Maybe they'll fix it by FM25... 😜

50 minutes ago, dℍaisa said:

If you are positive if its a bug. Then it'll better if you report it at bug center and upload this save file...

Maybe they'll fix it by FM25... 😜

Cheers 😂 

im not positive. That’s why I’m asking SI. Maybe my team are 1000% better at crossing than any other team. Maybe…

• Administrators

Ten matches isn't a huge amount for data, but appreciate with the crossing your setup has caused a huge outlier. Are you playing a very narrow system? Work ball into box etc and reduced crossing down for all wide players (so no wingers, all inside-forwards/advanced playmakers etc)? 

All stats need to be taken into account with context. Would be interesting to see your save and tactical setup to see what's been going on.

Do have to say, find it very odd that the rest of the teams have such a low cross completion percentage, so more likely an issue there than with your own. However have had a look at a few saves I've got here to hand and none of those show anything remotely similar. 

42 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Ten matches isn't a huge amount for data, but appreciate with the crossing your setup has caused a huge outlier. Are you playing a very narrow system? Work ball into box etc and reduced crossing down for all wide players (so no wingers, all inside-forwards/advanced playmakers etc)? 

All stats need to be taken into account with context. Would be interesting to see your save and tactical setup to see what's been going on.

Do have to say, find it very odd that the rest of the teams have such a low cross completion percentage, so more likely an issue there than with your own. However have had a look at a few saves I've got here to hand and none of those show anything remotely similar. 

Cheers @Neil Brock.  My tactics are below. Play fairly wide with 4 wide players. Certainly don’t suppress crossing. @Desmond Richardsonfor time purposes I play Touch. Is the data known to be erratic on the mobile platform? I posted in this forum as I understand the MEs and therefore the stats should be the same.

I started this thread with another massive outlier. If analysis is to be a big part of the game (which it should be) the stats should be accurate or the game itself is flawed tbh. Many times I’ve used the analysis to change TIs or OIs and the match itself doesn’t seem to take these into account. I’m concerned it’s a red herring, particularly in Touch…

I stand to be corrected. I hope I’m wrong. At its core this is a brilliant game but anomalies are very frustrating.

A79B5469-58ED-47AA-B59D-B5EF61A4A9D3.png

3 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Most of those tactical instructions would suggest you'll be crossing quite rarely - what are the player roles for your wide players? 

IW support and Inside Forward up front. Supported by two WBs on support duties. 
my gripe isn’t necessarily with the number of crosses (although I’m not sure that fully adds up). It’s with the accuracy. 10 times better than any other team. I do get that if my team have far fewer crosses their stats may skew but I’m v wary of these stats