Why are some Non Players removed from the database and others are not?

I've always wondered why some people who are in game in previous versions (especially those with high standings in the game) are removed from the database and others are not? (I have FM22 for examples below)

Perfect example from a Premier League/England POV would be the likes of Arsene Wenger, Harry Redknapp and Glenn Hoddle who are no longer in the databases in the past few versions despite having  active roles in the past 5-10 years. When compared to some people who have never held any Non playing roles in real life since retiring yet are in database and available in the game like Taribo West and Brian McBride, or staff like Ilie Dumitrescu who hasn't held a management position since 2010

On 30/12/2022 at 03:30, metal_guitarist said:

Hi, if you could post these over in the appropriate country section here it'd be greatly appreciated: Database and Research - Bug Tracker - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

Thanks! 

I highly doubt removing Arsene Wenger from the DB is a bug. A decision was made to remove him. The OP is asking a fairly straightforward question.

I would say with Arsene Wenger, his new FIFA role means it is unlikely he would return to coaching.  Harry Redknapp I think has retired from coaching since his TV career took off after I'm a Celebrity.  Glenn Hoddle is maybe the only anomaly, but he did have a heart attack or something not that log ago, so might have decided to quit coaching too.  

Don't think there's anything anomalous about a senior FIFA exec and a 65 year old former big name manager whose last role was running an academy 8 years ago not being available to hire as coaches or applying for managerial jobs, and Redknapp said he'd retired from management in 2017 and is now 75.

The bigger anomaly might be people like Taribo West still being in there. Some people probably stay in there simply because nobody's paying any attention to them, and he might be one of them. Apparently he now runs a church! McBride has a staff role with the US men's national team though

On 30/12/2022 at 06:46, D3an0mac said:

I've always wondered why some people who are in game in previous versions (especially those with high standings in the game) are removed from the database and others are not? (I have FM22 for examples below)

Perfect example from a Premier League/England POV would be the likes of Arsene Wenger, Harry Redknapp and Glenn Hoddle who are no longer in the databases in the past few versions despite having  active roles in the past 5-10 years. When compared to some people who have never held any Non playing roles in real life since retiring yet are in database and available in the game like Taribo West and Brian McBride, or staff like Ilie Dumitrescu who hasn't held a management position since 2010

Non-active players are not extracted to the main database, and the same thing is/should be with non-players. If you find staff that is not active since x years (remember that coaches are not changing clubs as swift as players), please report this in database and research bug tracker posted above.

• SI Staff

There are over a million people in the database now, players and non-players. Therefore, it is possible to miss someone like Taribo West's profile not having been updated. We're usually busy enough with current players and non-players, so forgive us for missing any changes to someone who used to play or non-play many years ago. I have updated his profile not to exclude him from the winter transfer window update.

If there is a non-player who you believe should appear in FM2023 but isn't, then please log this detail (with all relevant info) at Database and Research - Bug Tracker - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com). We will consider those arguments on a case-by-case basis. We will not be including Wenger as an available manager as it is clear that he is no longer available in that role. Redknapp is retired.

If there is a non-player who you believe should not appear in FM2023, please log this detail (with all relevant info) in Database and Research - Bug Tracker - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com).

Thanks. Wasn't a criticism it was more to try and understand what the logic behind keeping some and removing others was. I get you can't keep people in there for a long time after they appear to have stepped away from full time roles

2 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

There are over a million people in the database now, players and non-players. Therefore, it is possible to miss someone like Taribo West's profile not having been updated. We're usually busy enough with current players and non-players, so forgive us for missing any changes to someone who used to play or non-play many years ago. I have updated his profile not to exclude him from the winter transfer window update.

If there is a non-player who you believe should appear in FM2023 but isn't, then please log this detail (with all relevant info) at Database and Research - Bug Tracker - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com). We will consider those arguments on a case-by-case basis. We will not be including Wenger as an available manager as it is clear that he is no longer available in that role. Redknapp is retired.

If there is a non-player who you believe should not appear in FM2023, please log this detail (with all relevant info) in Database and Research - Bug Tracker - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com).