tv revenue for different leagues

does anyone have any list of income from TV right in differetn leagues.

i know Premiership has around 1,3mil per game, and some leagues have only few thousands per game.

i also made request for new FM before, to change tv income depending on league ranking. (for instance i managed Croatian team, managed to get Croatian legaue to be top 6 in world, but yet TV income was still around 10k per game. very frustrating for team that has been dominating european football ....

so maybe a list of all leagues and their income from TV rights would be helpful for choosing team to manage.

yeah, i dont quite know to pre edit games, and i amnot bothered to try it properly. Unfortunately it is the same with sponsors, for instance if you bring non league english club to premier league, and stay there for 5 seasons and start to challenge for title, you'll revenue from 20-50mil in sposorship. While playing in Croatia, and winning titles, and challenging and winnig some UCL titles, youll get only like 2-5mil from sponsors, and total of around 5mil from TV .... so instead if income of about 100-200 mil a year for top world club, you get only 5-10mil, and you still spend 2-5mil per week in wages, so you depend on selling your players to keep in business.

Whilst it maybe frustrating if you are able to achieve miracles and get a team from a lesser league to win a European trophy, finances are much more than that when it comes to leagues. The English game has the most money flowing through it globally. Championship teams ( one below premier) have larger budgets than most top teams in other top leagues in Europe. Finishing bottom of the premier league nets something crazy like 120m. All due to a combination of tv deals, marketing, global fan bases etc.  Which is why likes of Barcelona, Juventus etc were so desperate to create the Euro super league. 
In my opinion SI have this pretty spot on when matching up to real life, however frustrating it is. 

3 hours ago, dazza11 said:

Whilst it maybe frustrating if you are able to achieve miracles and get a team from a lesser league to win a European trophy, finances are much more than that when it comes to leagues. The English game has the most money flowing through it globally. Championship teams ( one below premier) have larger budgets than most top teams in other top leagues in Europe. Finishing bottom of the premier league nets something crazy like 120m. All due to a combination of tv deals, marketing, global fan bases etc.  Which is why likes of Barcelona, Juventus etc were so desperate to create the Euro super league. 
In my opinion SI have this pretty spot on when matching up to real life, however frustrating it is. 

well if you want to make it realistic than it should be as it is.

i am croatian, and my knowledge on its league is bigger. For the pas 10-15 years one team has dominated croatian first league, and winning titles with 20 points diffference and it was quite boring. now things have changed, while the same club is winning titles, the difference is smaller, with competition being interesting until last or last few fixtures. Crowds are getting bigger (especialy for teams ending up 2nd and 3rd). New sponsors are getting in and since this season, tv rights are bigger  now. League signed new contract for tv rights and now every club earns 10x more than it was before. And all that with one club winning and just entering european competition.

now imagine if league rose in coeff, and that every year 2 teams ends up in UCL group stage, imagine what would that do in real life. I am 100% sure that everything would go up, nowhere near premiership money, but several dozen times bigger than it is now. And in FM23 nothing is changed, money is still as it was in real life all those years ago, at least they could update it as it is now.

Also lets say you manage to get Serie A or bundesliga to become top competition, something like serie a was in 90's and early 00's, the biggest names of football world was there, and the richest clubs were from there. If you manage to get it like that again, some thing should change obviously. See the impact CR7 brought to Juventus, enormous increase in merchadising, followers, interest and also tv rights because half of the world (including arab world) wanted to see CR7 play and thus they profited from that. Imagine what would happen in real life if once again, 3 out of 4 semifinalists of UCL were italian/german/french for several years in a row.

the game is rigged for english clubs, not just for TV and sponsors but also for the players value. Ofc top 1 competition should have higher values, but if you get some other league to that spot, their players should increase in value, right? well, not if you ask FM

Edited by Drago_zgb

7 hours ago, Drago_zgb said:

the game is rigged for english clubs, not just for TV and sponsors but also for the players value. Ofc top 1 competition should have higher values, but if you get some other league to that spot, their players should increase in value, right? well, not if you ask FM

I think you've misunderstood what this game is. It's not trying to predict the future, or how leagues and nations rise and fall. Instead, you are essentially locked into playing with the world conditions of the 22/23 season over and over. That's the baseline, and fighting against that baseline is mostly futile (but can also be fun).

2 hours ago, Renyy said:

Not according to SI. 

Definitely according to SI. The aim for any version of football manager is first and foremost to produce a realistic first season. Anything after that is all about keeping things from becoming too unrealistic. The truth that is probably hard to accept, is that only a low % of people play a save for 5+ seasons before starting over. Many play just 1-2 seasons. In total, only 0.2% of people play 30 seasons during a game cycle. You'll find a good number of those people on this forum though, which tends to skew how we think about FM. 

I'm not saying you can't change the status quo. I'm saying that the game will naturally work to keep the balance of the current season, be it with clubs, leagues and nations. Even after 50-100 years, left to play out on it's own, leagues will very much look the same, and the power balance between them will also mostly remain. At the 200-1000 year mark the club hierarchy becomes muddled, but there will be some clubs that start out strong which will remain. League-wise the top 5 will remain the same even in the far far distance future. Obviously this is very unlikely to happen.

If you wanted to make a game that tried to predict the future, so many more things would need to be dynamic, and the game itself would have to be dynamic in a much grander scale. SI could do that. But because of the playing habits of the playerbase, they aren't really interested in putting too many resources into that.  

I agree with @Renyy . They are trying to make the game more and more realistic, thus changes in youth intakes and such. Meaning - the more one country gets popular/rises in FIFA rankings the bigger is the chance to have higher ynad better youth intake. So if you manage Poland, and get them to be top 5 in FIFA rankings, or even win a world cup, you'll se more and more quality newgens coming from Poland. They esspecially stated they wanted to make it as realistic as it could be, comparing to real life: better performing nations influence more kids to start playing football, and more the kids, more the talent. That is the thing with youth development in clubs. They stated that not only the club facilities and coaching are important to youth intake, but the reputation also, because the kid aged 8-12 is more likely to join the bigger club in that area, despite having poorer facilites.

And as @Renyy stated, TV rights dynamic  is made, so leagues like Malta can have much more income if they become so popular. But unfortunately it is not the case with middle rep leagues.

So there is dynamics in this, but it is not done properly.

On 02/01/2023 at 16:31, Renyy said:

Except they have responded to threads like this before stating the opposite and it's backed up by the systems in game. The truth is that because we're such a small part of the player base, there's just no value for them in catering to us. 

If they simply wanted the world to be static we wouldn't have newgens, dynamic rep, dynamic youth rating. The AI wouldn't be driven to progress. There would be systems in place to stop the big clubs from relegating and tiny clubs from promoting multiple divisions.

The systems in place for dynamics are just bad.

They should just let us add and remove editor data mid save already. Then they don't have to deal with any of it. 

Your first sentence confuses me. It seems like you agree with me? Most people play this game for a couple of seasons with a big club. These are the people getting the most realistic experience. Once you go beyond that, realism breaks down. The same thing can be said of starting at lower level clubs or clubs from smaller leagues.  

Newgens are the opposite of what you seem to think. They are indeed there to keep the world realistic (=static), not to evolve it. Dynamic rep is extremely flawed and only really works in top 5 leagues. The new feature dynamic youth rating didn't even work for 6 months after the game launched. It's questionable it makes a difference even now that it *works*. The whole system is set up to keep big clubs from relegating and tiny clubs from promoting. I'm really surprised you can play this game without noticing that. Sure, there's no hardcore rule preventing it, but simming into the future shows that it rarely happens even over the greatest of time scales. 

I'm back to my previous point. If SI wanted to make a more dynamic game, they could. You can kinda see tiny changes towards that because hardcore players request it, but it's clearly not a focus for the development of the game. And that's OK, it's their vision for their product.