I have a problem...

Hello, everyone... I bought the game a few days ago, but i have a biiiiiiig problem. Especially in the last two editions (FM 22 and FM 21) I play with same tactics. 4-4-2 with TM... BUT ! Unfortunately, something is not working for me here. I used to be a monster defensively and now it's the opposite... I also think that I don't score enough goals. it's not normal to struggle with average teams (Lokomotiv Sofia, Arda and Lokomotiv Plovdiv)... Whats wrong with my tactics ?

--------------------
spacer.png
spacer.png

With a Balanced Mentality combined with some of your Out Of Possession instructions, you're inviting a lot of pressure onto yourself and restricting yourself to just a few chances per game. Are you sure your team is good enough to be able to withstand that kind of continued pressure and capitalize on every counter-attack you get? Personally, I would trim back some of those instructions, Balanced Mentality can already be conservative enough as it is, so when you combine it with Much Lower Defensive Line, Much Less closing down and a Low Block, you start tapping into extremes.

Other than that, your roles look sound, I would only make two slight changes:

• DLPde -> DLPsu (equalize his individual Mentality with the rest of the midfield, meaning he will defend in a line with the rest of them, rather than drop down too deep creating a gap, and encourage him to bring balls out of defence more willingly)
  • Change one Wsu -> WMsu (one pace-monster hugging the line and spamming crosses can often be enough, a WMsu on the other side might improve your possession numbers and allow you to create chances more methodically, when the counter isn't on)

I am surprised that this tactic worked in the older versions of the game honestly. There are many things wrong with it. Mainly try to decide what kind of style you want. Patient possession tiki taka or very defensive low-block style? You cannot have both. Mainly because most possession styles require your team to try to control the ball in opposition half and really push the defensive line. Possession is about control and you can't really have control if you are letting the opposition free reign to do whatever they want until they get close to your penalty area (much lower defensive line). Makes no sense.

Edited by crusadertsar