[FM23] Virtus Unita Fortior

Rikulec

fR6iOMp.png

[FM23] Virtus Unita Fortior

Yup, I'm back again after real life got in the way for me and led me to abandoning my first FM23 thread. As it's usually the case with me, I can't properly get into a save without commiting to an FMCU thread and I can't last too long without playing this damn game either. There's a chance some may remember this thread I did back in the FM19 days, where I started in Andorra and ended up dominating the country with Lusitans (who were basically a cheat club with Portuguese wonderkids coming through and tearing the league up) before moving on. This time I'm going with pretty much the same idea, only with the easy mode not available anymore. That's right, I'm coming back and I intend to do things properly.

The Aim

To get as far and win as much as possible within the footballing world starting as an unemployed manager with no coaching badges in Andorra.

The Manager

Xp5nL4r.jpg

If you remember the guy I used on my FM19 Andorran save, well, here he is again.

The Save

M5OV2ib.jpg

A good variety of European leagues, hopefully this save will go on long enough for me to explore them. As usual, I'm going to holiday for a bit to get the game world going before I start applying for jobs in the second tier of Andorran football.

t7w9Z0n.jpg

I got my first interview in April and it's a team that's already doomed to relegation from the top tier, 14 points off the play-off spot with five games left to play. I told the board I'd like to take over after the end of the season.

WdbSFbq.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - New Club - Penya Encarnada d'Andorra

Apml7Fi.jpg

Here we go.

Club Name: Penya Encarnada d'Andorra
Nickname: Encarnados
Year Founded: 2009
Stadium: Centre d'Entrenament de la FAF 1 (236 all-seater)

pUWZbam.jpg

Don't get too attached to the names on this list because almost everyone has either already signed a contract with another club or expressed their desire to leave. Out of those who we might have a chance to retain, the best ones are Besjan Bërnaca, Peter Muñoz, and Daniel Rojas. We basically need to put together a whole new team for the next season. Oh, and to spice things up we don't have junior coaching or youth recruitment, meaning we don't produce newgens. Fun.

47tK6Km.jpg

We've just been relegated to the second tier and all the board want is not finishing bottom down there? What have I walked into? :lol:

WdbSFbq.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Preview - 2023/24 - Penya Encarnada d'Andorra

Board Expectations:

Segona Divisió: Avoid finishing bottom
Copa Constitució: Be competitive

My Expectations:

Segona Divisió: I have no idea what to expect, a lot depends on who we can bring in during the summer window. Here's hoping we don't finish last!
Copa Constitució: Not important, we're not very likely to do anything notable here.

Budgets:

Transfer: £5,030
Wage: £1,093 (currently spending £48)
Balance: £15,478

3 hours ago, RoguPL said:

Good Luck with your save ! 

I am sort of the same :D Can't last too long without playing this game, and I find it very hard to commit time to other games... 

I guess it's addiction. :lol:

WdbSFbq.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2023/24 - Penya Encarnada d'Andorra

Friendlies

mCnKfXb.jpg

Well, we did beat our second XI!

Transfers

DhKZjwW.jpg

No less than 14 players join the ranks, quite possibly the most I've ever signed in a single window. The best part is that they're all so bad that I won't even bother writing about them individually, I'll just show you the profiles. Complete and utter dross. :lol:

Raúl González

André Marinho

Sergio López

Daniel Ramos

Duarte Lourenço

Alex Heras

Alfons Cuenca

Kike Puente

Yasser Farsi

Aitor Pereira

Alex Villagrasa

Diogo da Silva

Álvaro Domingues

Ion Rodríguez

10 hours ago, DavidBeckham said:

Good luck on ur journey mate! Remember to work on that team cohesion :thup:

Thanks, great to see you here! These guys are surely going to need some time to get to know each other. :lol:

WdbSFbq.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - September 2023 - Penya Encarnada d'Andorra

Segona Divisió

JGmiRXR.jpg

qwAOWez.jpg

Not the most inspiring of starts. We did well against Carroi, but they were more clinical in front of goal and we had to rescue ourselves with a stoppage time penalty. Santa Coloma was a much more even game, but again, no luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...