What is CRH and how does it work in Germany (ex. Bayern 2)

Hello fellow FM addicts!

I’ve never tried a Bundesliga save until this year and am a bit confused by the “Club Reserves” vs “Club 2” teams.  As far as I can tell, there’s an age cap for Reserves that keeps it exclusively U18 and that the Club 2 can be anyone.  If there is anything else, please comment.

My big question though, is how does “Contract Renewal Handling” work?  Select a player on Club 2, go top right to Actions pull down, under Contracts one finds a selection for Handles Contract Renewal with two options of Club or Club 2).  What is this selecting for? 

Thanks for any insight.

Regards,

-dj

Thanks for commenting!  There is one there yes, but the players there all ended up complaining about contracts over first 2 seasons so something isn’t making sense.  I’m trying to understand what the CRH icon is indicating for players since the option for me to renew contracts stays either way.  I can set these for the staff too, and when I do, the “offer new contract” button becomes “Handles Contract Renewal” pull down and has Club 2 selected.  If I set to Club instead, the button reverts to Offer New Contract.

Id love to have Club 2 manage their own contracts because they’re down to just a few non-grey players, all that aged out of my U18 reserves…

-dj

The Reserve Team of a Bundesliga Club has to be a U23 Team and has added the roman numeral "II" to it.

The Reserve from "FC Bayern Munich" thus would be called "FC Bayern Munich II".

They can play in leagues below their main team but not in the same league (would mean forced relegation) or higher than in 3.Liga.

Players in the U23 can be all Players that are not older than 23 at the start of the season plus a very view (up to 3) older ones that have a mentor role in the team or recover from injuries, get matchfitness etc.

Sadly the U23 in the Bundesliga is usually realized as affiliated club so you have only that affiliated access option which is rather cumbersome and best automated by delegation to staff members - it should really be changed to work like U19 Team within the club and direct control.

A few Bundesliga Teams have given up on their U23 and shut it down trying to work with other clubs and playerdevelopmentcontracts to no success and some have gotten back on their dumb act and reinstated the U23 but have to climb the tiers from the starting tier and a few got excemptions and started where they left.

All in all the U23s usually are very unattractive for the other clubs as they bring rarely any publicity or fans with them and while they handle their share of TV Money to the non-U23-Clubs its that miniscule it makes not up for the loss of matchday income.

And they tend to amass in the 3.Liga in the Football Manager Series bcs of the reputation based promotion mechanic in unplayed leauges while in reality most of them play Tier 4 bcs its cheaper (and i dont know if this has changed lately).

And yeah, a "II" Team blocked my third promotion in a row by 1 goal difference in the promotion playoff and it was the same as in FM22, the HSV II from the established 2.Bundesliga team Hamburger SV (be damned :P).

Edited by Etebaer

Etebaer,

Thank you for your insight.  That helps understand what FM is trying to emulate.  I still have questions for how FM 23 behaves.  I see Club, Club Reserves (restricted to U18) only), and Club 2.  I appreciate the U23 part.  What I still don’t understand is how FM23 expects the CRH to work.  If I set it to Club 2, will the players I’ve sent there have contracts handled by them or myself?  When a player has that icon, a mouse over says “contract renewals handled by <my manager name> on behalf of Club 2”.  However, before I changed any of it, players on Club 2 were complaining about contracts and/or going out of contract (where I’d have thought it controlled by Club 2)….  Hence my confusion.

-dj

19 hours ago, Etebaer said:

The Reserve Team of a Bundesliga Club has to be a U23 Team and has added the roman numeral "II" to it.

The Reserve from "FC Bayern Munich" thus would be called "FC Bayern Munich II".

They can play in leagues below their main team but not in the same league (would mean forced relegation) or higher than in 3.Liga.

Players in the U23 can be all Players that are not older than 23 at the start of the season plus a very view (up to 3) older ones that have a mentor role in the team or recover from injuries, get matchfitness etc.

Sadly the U23 in the Bundesliga is usually realized as affiliated club so you have only that affiliated access option which is rather cumbersome and best automated by delegation to staff members - it should really be changed to work like U19 Team within the club and direct control.

A few Bundesliga Teams have given up on their U23 and shut it down trying to work with other clubs and playerdevelopmentcontracts to no success and some have gotten back on their dumb act and reinstated the U23 but have to climb the tiers from the starting tier and a few got excemptions and started where they left.

All in all the U23s usually are very unattractive for the other clubs as they bring rarely any publicity or fans with them and while they handle their share of TV Money to the non-U23-Clubs its that miniscule it makes not up for the loss of matchday income.

And they tend to amass in the 3.Liga in the Football Manager Series bcs of the reputation based promotion mechanic in unplayed leauges while in reality most of them play Tier 4 bcs its cheaper (and i dont know if this has changed lately).

And yeah, a "II" Team blocked my third promotion in a row by 1 goal difference in the promotion playoff and it was the same as in FM22, the HSV II from the established 2.Bundesliga team Hamburger SV (be damned :P).

The II Teams are not very realisticly emulated, they don't bring much in terms of player dev and also shield to the lower regional liga teams from advancing. But I have few hopes that SI will ever touch that part of the game.

When I play with extended DBs I always make sure to enforce first-season relegation for any reserve teams in the 3. Liga, and block them from being promoted back. Much more enjoyable playing experience when they're capped to the Regionalligas.

Unfortunately the reserve teams have a huge issue with teams setting 90% of their players as Unavailable for Loan, so most of their good prospects just get stuck there instead of being loaned out to develop them at a higher level.

I tend to hadle contracts myself and as i play with a club that starts with no U23/reserve i allways deny the option to open a U23 team for my club.

The times i played other clubs if i remember right i had most players in my main team but chose the option to make some available for U23 matches so i had full control over them but they would/could play in the U23/reserve.

You should look if there is still such an option as it gives you way better control.

The automated contracts are usualy less favourable toward the club and i only use them when for some reason a glitch or something prevents me from speaking with the player but my staff member has access to him.

This player switching between the teams should give you some better control i guess. :)

Edited by Etebaer