Flickering screen and ME lag

Hi gents,

I have enjoyed playing Football Manager with a smooth and quick ME, but it have changed after the latest Football Manager and Macbook update. I now have some lag (fps drop) and flickering screen when playing games.

Anyone else with this issue?

I am playing on:

Macbook Pro 14,2" 2021, 16 GB ram, Apple M1 Pro-chip.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Jesper9000 said:

Am I the only one that still has this issue after the latest update? 3D works just fine, but still an issue with flickering screen and fps drop in 2D.

Yes. I have a new computer with discrete graphics, but I still prefer playing in 2D. The game flickers and drops frames regularly. I have improved it somewhat by adjusting my monitor refresh rates to 60 Hz and limiting the FPS in the game to 60. After playing the game for extended periods, the flickering can return, but restarting the game fixes it.

1 hour ago, Overmars said:

Yes. I have a new computer with discrete graphics, but I still prefer playing in 2D. The game flickers and drops frames regularly. I have improved it somewhat by adjusting my monitor refresh rates to 60 Hz and limiting the FPS in the game to 60. After playing the game for extended periods, the flickering can return, but restarting the game fixes it.

Thanks, I have also adjusted my screen to 60 Hz, but I still don’t feel it is smooth, and still have issues. The beta version had by far the best ME version for 2D. 

I have also noticed the difference with a restart, but only works for a few games. I normally just close the lid on my laptop, and then open again later, when I have time for a few games, but that is no longer working without fps drop and flickering screen. 

I've been having flickering screen issues during games ever since 23.2.1. patch. My monitor is stuck at 60Hz for some reason, can't lower it further. Latest drivers installed, all game files verified yet the issue still occurs. I can play it on commentary only but it's annoying once I switch to 2D.

2 hours ago, Constantine said:

I've been having flickering screen issues during games ever since 23.2.1. patch. My monitor is stuck at 60Hz for some reason, can't lower it further. Latest drivers installed, all game files verified yet the issue still occurs. I can play it on commentary only but it's annoying once I switch to 2D.

Have you tried with 3D?

On 06/02/2023 at 10:59, jlboybeamer said:

Set your graphics settings to auto it fixed the lag and flickering for me , must have been the render scale

It worked for me too. Thanks.

And of course, one nitpick, I have to do this every time I launch the game or flickering returns. For some reason.