I Am Looking for Advice on How to Best Utilize the Trequartista and Get the Most Out of My Team in General

I'm trying to use a Trequartista as the key player in my tactic, but I'm having difficulty getting the best out of him. He's been getting high average ratings but he has not been scoring or assisting as much as I would like. I believe the main issue is that he is not getting on the ball enough in the final third.

I have tried to set up my tactic to get the most out of the Trequartista but it hasn't been working as well as I would have hoped. Any advice you could provide me with on how to get the most out of the Trequartista and how to set up my tactic to get the best out of my team in general would be much appreciated.

The tactic:1187249255_Screenshot2023-01-02at12_35_20PM.thumb.png.719c37fc94ea48e872efe40e040054d0.png

my trequartista:2116834348_Screenshot2023-01-02at1_05_15PM.thumb.png.fc727097f1efbd0b70a51926c12d9cbd.png

I am by no means a tactical expert, but I would probably change the CMa to a more conservative duty/role. 

I would imagine that you want your TRQ to sit in the right half space and your WBa providing the width. The CMa could probably get in the way of the TRQ centrally.

As the post above said I’d change the role of rcm to maybe a bwm(s/d) to make up for the lack of defence in your treq. You probably want a lot of runs for your treq to pass to so change bbm to mez, which goes wider thus providing width at the same time. if you want your whole left flank to switch up on every other attack swap them all to support. Sometimes ur mez will cover and ur iw will provide width, sometimes the other way around will happen.

maybe slow down tempo as well so your players can find the treq more often. If you do want an extremely high tempo (as you have right now on attack and higher tempo) you can lower passing directness.

Le 03/01/2023 à 04:25, Lasson a dit :

I am by no means a tactical expert, but I would probably change the CMa to a more conservative duty/role. 

I would imagine that you want your TRQ to sit in the right half space and your WBa providing the width. The CMa could probably get in the way of the TRQ centrally.

Thanks!

Le 03/01/2023 à 07:57, Yisz a dit :

As the post above said I’d change the role of rcm to maybe a bwm(s/d) to make up for the lack of defence in your treq. You probably want a lot of runs for your treq to pass to so change bbm to mez, which goes wider thus providing width at the same time. if you want your whole left flank to switch up on every other attack swap them all to support. Sometimes ur mez will cover and ur iw will provide width, sometimes the other way around will happen.

maybe slow down tempo as well so your players can find the treq more often. If you do want an extremely high tempo (as you have right now on attack and higher tempo) you can lower passing directness.

Thamk you I will be taking your advise into account.

I used a lot the trequartista, especially on the flanks. My main tip is: tell him to stay narrow. Out wide he'll be isolated most of the times and won't give his best.

Leave him space to work with. i don't know how the cm-a is working in this tactic(i'd need some screenshot) but it would probably be the best to switch the two CM so the T will have space on his side and can see a cut on the other side of the pitch

The T will seak out spaces where he can operate, just have other players with more strict roles around him, so he can shine. Another very unique prop of the T is his individual mentality is lower then other attacking players with attacking duties, so he can be that assist giver.

• 3 weeks later...