How to make PF(s) my focal point for attacks/Goals

Like how the title says, how can i can make it possible? creators on support roles behind him? team instructions? or does training PPMs like “get forward possible”, “get into opposition box” make it possibe?

The reason why i made him on support duties is that i dont want him to move into the channels as i have two players that are doing it. I want him to pin the opposition’s defenders, be involved in build up and most importantly, press tenaciously.

i need help from the community 😞

Edited by awesomeveekthor

36 minutes ago, zZzZzZzZzZzZzZz said:

Have you considered simply using a PF-a with the "does not move into channels" trait instead?

The PF-a has move into channels hardcoded into his player instructions. And that is something i dont.

Pressing Forward has a higher trigger press setting than any other forward in the game. Pressing Forward on support and defend also don't have any hidden instructions which is unique for a forward role and duty.

Basically you can't recreate the role by refashioning other roles.

Using him as a PF(A) and giving him the player trait (not player instruction) to not move into channels is probably the closest you'll get, but just be aware of the higher mentality associated with an attacking role.

This is a bit of a hijack, but im kinda struggling with the same issue. Especially this year im having trouble finding a 1 striker formation where the striker consistently performs well. Often he dissapears more than he actually plays well (having 6.3 ratings in 2 matches but a great game in the 3rd). I even have the wingers on shoot less often in order to service tim more

Spoiler

20230104111527_1.thumb.jpg.b1a45bc797eb76f047c6c6a8c331f8d3.jpg20230104111555_1.thumb.jpg.ab0336b7bf804f27ba57c3b72171a536.jpg

I found that advanced forward isolates him even more, so not quite sure how to improve this

Pressing Forward on Support can easily be a focal point of attack. It is a great role because it is so versatile kind like Complete Forward but without all the risky dribbling. It often drops deep to help out the midfield and it's individual mentality is still high enough to have an impact in attack. Especially if you have a player with high Workrate, Teamwork and Stamina.

For example I am currently managing Braga and Vitinha is my top goalscorer and I exclusively play him in PF(s) role. It is exactly for the reason that I need a player that does not move into channels and holds up the ball. Its a great role for that. But it does depend greatly on the kind of player you have and the overall tactical system. I am using a narrow 4-2-2-2 Brazilian Magic Box tactic.

Here is the tactic that is getting the best of my PF(S)

TactExpand.thumb.png.e8b262986933d875286f8edbdfb7bf44.png

And the player. He scored 19 goals so far in late January of my first season with the tactic

DCCDE41AE6BE67A35753DAC983E17FCB8046960E (1600×900)

Edited by crusadertsar

On 04/01/2023 at 12:28, crusadertsar said:

Pressing Forward on Support can easily be a focal point of attack. It is a great role because it is so versatile kind like Complete Forward but without all the risky dribbling. It often drops deep to help out the midfield and it's individual mentality is still high enough to have an impact in attack. Especially if you have a player with high Workrate, Teamwork and Stamina.

For example I am currently managing Braga and Vitinha is my top goalscorer and I exclusively play him in PF(s) role. It is exactly for the reason that I need a player that does not move into channels and holds up the ball. Its a great role for that. But it does depend greatly on the kind of player you have and the overall tactical system. I am using a narrow 4-2-2-2 Brazilian Magic Box tactic.

Here is the tactic that is getting the best of my PF(S)

TactExpand.thumb.png.e8b262986933d875286f8edbdfb7bf44.png

And the player. He scored 19 goals so far in late January of my first season with the tactic

DCCDE41AE6BE67A35753DAC983E17FCB8046960E (1600×900)

So the player attributes, ability and creative supports behind him is the key huh?