I made a new World Cup but FIFA ranking changes smaller than original World Cup

firezet852

On 05/01/2023 at 07:09, Wolf_pd said:

Apart from competition reputation I don't think there are any ranking points to edit.

I could see, like, "Main Continental International Finals" having a higher multiplier than "International Finals", but the World Cup likely has some hard-coded grandaddy of 'em all multiplier that's even higher (that we can't access)

3 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

I could see, like, "Main Continental International Finals" having a higher multiplier than "International Finals", but the World Cup likely has some hard-coded grandaddy of 'em all multiplier that's even higher (that we can't access)

Yep, very likely true.

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Possibly this?

20230110103654_1.thumb.jpg.4a4268d83fa7f118f98c7a3e1e54d721.jpg

It's on the default WC rules and I've left it in mine, no idea what it actually does. It's possible it could affect rankings, I haven't paid any attention to them so far though.

The helpers are for national leagues mainly used to move dates around. Might be that it is the move from summer to late autumn (I refuse to say winter :D ). Still, interesting find, hadn't seen that one as I usually rebuild it on my own, but might find some tricks there.

Yeah but that's a "move dates for competition" helper, then you select the World Cup in the details (can move dates around or cancel your custom competition depending on other competitions, like a summer/winter AFCON). This specific helper doesn't have any details or anything as far as I can tell, you just use "helper" "FIFA World Cup". I think he's on to something that it's related to the World Cup hardcoding