My tactic doesn't create enough shot on goal

I'm playing FM21 and I got promoted to the first division with this team and although I won the league in the first season the fact that we don't have enough shots on goal is concerning. Yes, looking at the stats we are very clinical and we don't concede that many goals but I don't think its sustainable long term. We're not also in the best financial position so I can't improve the squad that much either.

As you can see from the stats below we average less than 11 shots a game and scoring wise we are out scoring our xG but not by much which is why I said it's not sustainable long term. Tactic wise I think it's fairly balanced apart from maybe the Poacher but it seems to be working for now.

Suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance 

956285709_FM21performancedata.png.03a7d6416fe5af66019fa7d6daf09d0c.png

561678763_FM21attackingefficiency.png.45a381e005f2b5c4be6efb1343fd473f.png

690349104_FM21tactic.png.7091a5caf335a378db20bd656e14d08f.png

In my opinion :

- possession heavy TIs while having too much attacking players (Poacher doesn’t link up, IFs and CMat all make a lot of runs)

- focus play through the middle : your flank players will be closer to the middle but you have a Mezzala and a CM on attack who need space + your fullbacks won’t necessarily give you some width since they will be narrower and don’t have « run wide with ball » PI

- your midfield combination might be too risky but if you are satisfied with your defensive play it’s okay 

So there are some things, you could do but I think wait for the change until your momentum wears out.

But those things are; play a more liberal passing game; positive mentality already gives you the right kind of passing in terms of length, shorten it will just play less often your striker behind.
Why have you not ticked counter? It should be ticked, it gives you chances to meat the opponent with pants down and just run him down.

roles&duties

Then there is the question of the strikers role; Can you play in behind the opponent lines (1) or is he retreating to a point where you want him to drop deep (2)?
(1) You could use a pf(a) or if you want more pure depth af(a)
(2) You could play dlf(a) or tm(a) or even f9 if you field primemessi

Your DM is not giving you enough options as you move up linking play, when he is just ankering. You can be more expressive up to regista if you dare, but I would advise you with the simplest of rules dm(support).
Glue all players together with a BBM, it just helps all the other parts to shine more.
Let one of your outer offensive players attack the box, if you want to score. Put some more pressure on the backline by fielding 1 IF(a), and choose a player with some strikeresque attributes and a stronger foot inside play there.

Out of possession, just go higher with your pressing line, and prevent short Gk distribution.

Fm21 is realy not that punishing, if you just put more pressure on the opponent, they will role over. Just make sure not to suffocate the game.

4 hours ago, sonnevillejr said:

possession heavy TIs while having too much attacking players (Poacher doesn’t link up, IFs and CMat all make a lot of runs)

I don't think my TIs are too possession heavy, I just have short passing 

1 hour ago, b2khn said:

Why have you not ticked counter? It should be ticked, it gives you chances to meat the opponent with pants down and just run him down.

I'm not trying to force anything, I just want them to use the ball well and effectively. They will still counter but it won't be forced

1 hour ago, b2khn said:

Then there is the question of the strikers role; Can you play in behind the opponent lines (1) or is he retreating to a point where you want him to drop deep (2)?
(1) You could use a pf(a) or if you want more pure depth af(a)
(2) You could play dlf(a) or tm(a) or even f9 if you field primemessi

The ideal role would be a PF but the strikers I had didn't play that well in that role and I put it down to their pace. I also don't want them dropping deep because they are the only one who are good at taking their chances consistently so I want the entire team to facilitate getting them the ball 

1 hour ago, b2khn said:

Your DM is not giving you enough options as you move up linking play, when he is just ankering

I agree that the anchor man is not the best choice but it was what worked defensively although the player I had playing there played more like a DLP. Ideally I would change the role to a DLP or standard DM on defend

I think your tactic is quite sterile and predictable. I don’t wanna say it’s bad (it’s quite successful actually), but it could be a reason for the low amount of chances. 

There is only one direct route to the goal,through the middle. I would suggest to have one other player of your top 5 to either attack the channels or wide areas.

There is no one to create width on the left flank. Maybe try using a winger or a (Complete) Wing Back to stretch the play vertically. 

One of the IF‘s could be a more creative role, like an IW or Winger to mix things up in your attacking patterns.

I don’t really understand what you are trying to achieve by „Being more disciplined“. Especially when building up quite slowly from the back with short passes, the opposition will be fully transitioned when you approach the final third. Playing without Flair and moveing predictable might be relative easy to defend.