Attributes dropping when training new position

I'm aware that a player's attributes will drop when he becomes natural in a new position, as they get adjusted to keep the CA the same with the different weighting. However, does this happen if I have a natural AMR who I train to become natural as an AML? As the same CA weighting should be used, as it's the same position, just on the opposite side. 

2 hours ago, Play Up Pompey! said:

I'm aware that a player's attributes will drop when he becomes natural in a new position, as they get adjusted to keep the CA the same with the different weighting. However, does this happen if I have a natural AMR who I train to become natural as an AML? As the same CA weighting should be used, as it's the same position, just on the opposite side. 

No. 

(I'd explain, but your own post already does that :D)

Edited by enigmatic

On 06/01/2023 at 07:25, enigmatic said:

No. 

(I'd explain, but your own post already does that :D)

Should there be a CA rebalanced though just for a side change? Given that, in reality, the required skill set, tactical mentality, and physical requirements would be exactly the same for the opposite side of the same position.

The only real difference? 

Which foot you use, which would affect the performance as okay, yes, you have to get use to presominantly using the other foot,  but should that really require a CA rebalancing act? 

• Administrators

Yeah I don't think it's as simple to say a RW can play LW, or RB/LB, so think there should be adjustment. Also adds significantly to the versatility to the player, so needs to be value placed on that. Else why wouldn't you train every player in your squad to be equally adept on both sides of the pitch? 

28 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah I don't think it's as simple to say a RW can play LW, or RB/LB, so think there should be adjustment. Also adds significantly to the versatility to the player, so needs to be value placed on that. Else why wouldn't you train every player in your squad to be equally adept on both sides of the pitch? 

tbh I tend to do that with youngsters.

But the obvious answer to that question is "because to get them actually good on the opposite side of the pitch takes a long time and you have to actually play them there even though they're not naturally suited to it"

either way, as far as I can see the CA weighting algorithm doesn't affect the RCA at all if you edit a DL to be equally adept at playing DR for instance. The official answer your colleagues have always given is that the ability to play multiple positions itself isn't supposed to add anything to CA by itself, it's just a side effect of CA being the sum of attributes weighted by the *highest* attribute weight associated with any of the positions they play, which means once your fullback with good finishing learns to play winger, his finishing  takes up a lot more CA than when he was only a fullback and his finishing didn't matter that much...