B-teams relegation to another competition then A-teams

Spoof

Hi there,

I'm working on a database for The Netherlands to make it more realistic and have all the lower leagues from the base game playable.

Now The Netherlands decided that it would be fun to have a league structure with B-teams in with the A-teams in the 2nd and 3rd divisions (Keuken Kampioen Divisie and Jack's League) but not the leagues below 3rd division. Which in itself is not a problem.

The problem comes in when we look at the Under-21 competition (Reservecompetitie Eredvisie).

This is a split competition (fall and spring) which has a number 1 spot twice and if this is 2 different teams they go head-to-head in a play-off to see who will be crowned the champion. Also not a problem yet.

This champion has the right to get promoted to the 3rd division (Jack's League) with the lowest ranking B-team from that league relegating IF they rank lower then 9th place with also the possibility that if the lowest B-team from Jack's League ranks 10-16 it will be a play-off match and with them ranking 17th or 18th it is automatic.

Now the question to follow this information up...

How do I make it that IF a B-team relegates (or needs to play play-offs) they go to set Under-21 competition instead of just falling to the 4th division. And if this happens how do I make it that another A-team that normally shouldn't relegate in case of a 17-18 place takes their place in relegation?

The Netherlands - 1ste klasse Test.fmf

Edited by Spoof

• 3 weeks later...