Farnham Town to Glory FM23

FMCTVaughaniola

Hello everyone, I hope you are all okay. My name is Vaughan Davis and I will be coming around to manage Farnham Town in Tier 9 of the English Football League System! Farnham wear claret & blue and play at Memorial Ground. I took them over for multiple reasons, but the main one being that the badge/kits are absolutely beautiful and I think they are tough to topple! But obviously there are large connections to a popular English YouTube group known as the Sidemen, whose food brand actually sponsors the away kit for the 22/23 campaign (hopefully I will be able to get this amazing kit in real life!)

Farnham is a market town in Surrey which is around about 36km outside of London. In 2011 the town had a population of 39,488.

Less of the in real life talk, let's get knuckled down to FM! 

I settled into my first job on a £350 p/w salary with my contract running for the length of the 22/23 season. My league campaign was set to take place on 30th July against 6th predicted Raynes Park Vale who we battered by 3 goals to 0.
 image.png.a735475b2682357b2e5e5cc554f6caa5.png

Mohamed Adamu had a class MOTM performance whilst also grabbing himself a goal. My favourite player, however, was Joe Sowden who I am looking forward to playing in that LM - IW At position this season. With a goal and another one disallowed, I personally think it should've been Sowden taking home that MOTM trophy.

Headed into my second game in charge we face Guildford City for our first match in front of the Farnham faithful at Memorial Ground. With all tensions high and us being predicted 3 positions above them in the English Combined Counties Premier Division South (my god isn't that a mouthful) season preview. Without further or do, here is the result.

image.png.563cdacaf94d6abaa17abb03dfa4e3fc.png

Obviously this is not the result we wanted, but it definitely could've been worse, we could've lost all 3 points. However, I do class this as 2 points dropped and not 1 point gained. Guildford had to fight back from being one-nil down and they only scored their equaliser through a penalty, although they did have 56% possession and we both had equal amount of shots with them having one more on target. Maybe we were lucky to get away with a point there, again Mohamed Adamu shone with a brilliant performance and a 7.2 match rating, oh how he is loving this league! I didn't think much of Joe Sowden this game as he lost a couple 50/50s and wasn't clinical enough when passing, I did love how Dion Knee performed off the bench tho, we might be seeing more of him this season!

Next one was Horley away from home in the league:
image.png.7b6653e5a9cf312bc6f9e06169c0a158.png

Wow! That made me angry! I told you I liked the way Dion Knee played off the bench in the second game of the season, so I started him against Horley and well well well, what's that! Injured. And not just any injury, torn knee ligaments, he's out for 4 months. But on a completely different note, a brilliant performance from the Farnham boys, new signing Kelvin Bossman (best name ever by the way) struck one home, it was a brilliant strike and a wonderful way to welcome himself to Farnham crowd. Again for the third game in the row, Mohamed Adamu received a 7.7 Match Rating, and in my opinion was by far the best player out there, and the only reason that Bossman's match rating was higher is because he scored, Adamu solo's anyone in our starting XI.

But that is the end of this blog, thank you for reading, I will upload the next post pretty soon with probably another 5-ish games, thank you all for spending your time here, I'll see you again soon, ah-goodbye!