How to handle 'Has no faith in manager'

Does anyone know how to win back a player's 'faith' in this game? I finished 15th in my first season with Sampdoria. My star striker decided he 'has no faith in his manager'. 2 seasons later I've finished 3rd and got to the Europa League SF's but the big crybaby still hasn't got over it. I'm prob gonna sell him this summer as I can't stand him sulking around the training ground anymore. Any tips?

• SI Staff
7 hours ago, passenger58 said:

Does anyone know how to win back a player's 'faith' in this game? I finished 15th in my first season with Sampdoria. My star striker decided he 'has no faith in his manager'. 2 seasons later I've finished 3rd and got to the Europa League SF's but the big crybaby still hasn't got over it. I'm prob gonna sell him this summer as I can't stand him sulking around the training ground anymore. Any tips?

The best way to clear up this is to have the team perform well and drag a few decent performances out of the player, alternatives is to ensure you stick up for him if the media attack him and to praise him privately ... and obviously bribes in the form of new contracts generally help ;)

These won't always work straight away, especially if the person has a problem personality - best of luck :)

22 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

The best way to clear up this is to have the team perform well and drag a few decent performances out of the player, alternatives is to ensure you stick up for him if the media attack him and to praise him privately ... and obviously bribes in the form of new contracts generally help ;)

These won't always work straight away, especially if the person has a problem personality - best of luck :)

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

With regards to getting good performances out of him, I often bring him off  the bench these days as his morale is so low, so that probably doesn't help.