FM23 - The most random journeyman save I've ever attempted - You Sell My Star, I Walk... Chapter 4 - Eritrea

KibworthBull

February 2031

The transfer window is open until the end of February round here so plenty of chances to get some more players In and Out.

The In's were minimal..

José Navas is a DMC from Universidad Central de Venezuela who is better than the ones I signed in the summer, and the ones already at the club. He cost £100k straight off the bat with another £400k over the next 3 years.

The Outs were a bit busier but nothing crazy, Bryan Martínez, a backup striker has dropped a level to join Zulia - he played 1 game last season. Robert Millán is an interesting Right Winger, 5* potential, but needs game time. He's joined a 2nd tier side for the season.

Petare dropped by and departed on the back of a 2-0 which saw a debut for Gerardo Terán (Y), our 16-year-old big hope, that he turns into a big star AMC - part of the reason I am happy not to strengthen the AMC area too much is to give him some chances from the bench.

Caracas also visited us in February, they are expected to be around the top at the end of the campaign, another 2-0 in our favour.

Maksym Bomashchuk ended the month as a man possessed - 4 goals - that's from a player who normally gets a couple or maybe 3 a season. He has them in 180 minutes. And both of them in less than 5 minute spells during games - when he's hot he's smoking!

image.png.567abdbcb59dee78b4d968d217534b5d.png

It's us and Bobby Zamora's side unbeaten at the top

image.png.454c4daab04bc0ea22c60cd0de86cdbf.png

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

March 2031

A busy month is March. The Copa Libertadores swings into action and there are league games interspersed between them.

UCV first up, and our reserves batter them, scoring 7 first-half goals. Ade Oguns celebrated his Venezuelan passport with 2 goals and an assist.

Rosario Central will prove to be a much sterner test. Managed by Carlos Tevez which is nice. They "escape" with a draw... we escape with £275k in gate receipts.

We had to go full strength again against Zamora, who sat 2nd in the league, a victory that justified the selections, before the flight to Chile and our next game in the Copa Lib.

We huffed and puffed but couldn't blow their houses down. Joseph Mbom saw red and we lost.

A complete reshuffle of the pack for the needless league game before BOT of Brazil came to town, a last-gasp winner from Saimon Ramírez keeps our 100% record going, he's had a slow start to the season so a double here has boosted the average rating somewhat. We lose 2 fullbacks to injury for the next few weeks.

The sickening display against BOT - we led 2-0 thanks to Josue Gutiérrez's 10th of the campaign but they pegged us back in the 94th minute. We won't qualify on our away form.

Taking the positives.

image.png.67307e8c55f1292b192e48a9e73b230c.png

image.png.ef064a705db16ae23f99253223fec68b.png

A long month of games, so who really needs a 2nd v 1st match to end it?

Thankfully our defence is very good AND Josue Gutiérrez knows where the goal is...

image.png.e10d4ae81b2f037b91ad190b3430dcae.png

Top by a distance domestically.

image.png.952b801dbff7071310362ce87ccf6a7a.png

A lot of work left to do on a Continental Scale

image.png.f4632eb66269f647a05ffb545f82b414.png

April 2031

Academia Ray in last place in the league come to our house for the first game of the month, it's been picked for a match where tickets are given away for free in the community, so I am expecting a big crowd. Who are expecting a big result!

Josue Gutiérrez grabbed 4 and we grabbed 7 and we move on to BOT, and a trip to Brazil.

We led twice and returned with nothing. We are nowhere near ruthless enough for the level yet. Our time will come - I hope.

A record 12 straight league wins were achieved when Tachira came to town - we shall win this stage at a canter.

I'm trying to rotate and rest as much as I can in the league to give us as many chances as possible in the Copa Lib. We host Universidad de Chile in a 10000% must win. Even victory may not be enough.

Óscar Conde, who may be playing in the MLS in the near future, scores the only goal of the game, and it means we have to go to Argentina next month and get a result and hope that Universidad don't win in Brazil

image.png.7142b3b5b0ad99ab3cc457e9ddf277f2.png

Unbeaten domestically again. Gerardo Teran improves with every game.

image.png.900800f754c61874bacdd6f27a20dfa8.png

We sit 13 clear of the chasing pack.

image.png.2b56c775ec4462c42d30c0b93f107a57.png

May 2031

3 games, all of them away from home. Our fans won't see us in our ground until June.

Gerardo Terán (Y)'s fan club continues to grow after a double against Guanare, he has just turned 17 and has 4 in 12 from AMC now.

Kept telling the boys on the flight to Argentina that it was a must-win.

We didn't get a shot on target and lost... knocked out in the Group Stages. Frustratingly a victory would have seen us through as results went our way. Alas not to be.

Back to league action and our 15th straight win means we have all but secured our Opening Stage title.

image.png.cb607f2cfac9bf1f3d22acae573862e6.png

June 2031

We can, and more importantly, should win the Opening Stage this month.

We need two points and we have two games to get them.

Second bites of the cherry are not required in these parts. Not when you have Josue Gutierrez, the double that secured everything moved him to 19 from 21 for this season and a total of 70 from 71 games—a machine for the level.

image.png.50d3ec65c60d2481b5ae2c8f0fff9be4.png

Right at the end of the month, we played again.

Luis Castro (Y) turned pro on the morning of the game and celebrated with his first goal. It's taken him 4 games but he's now the 2nd choice striker behind the machine. Centre Back Felipe Piñero (Y) also made his pro debut.

image.png.f63c4b2d75a3c61b8a942dee79fd22a7.png

Between matches, we've been busy in the transfer market.

A foreigner out, Maksym Bomashchuk has chased the money and been stolen from us for £76k - damn release clauses. He's doubled his wages overnight. And a Venezuelan out, Pedro Álvarez has become a periphery figure this year, so I've allowed the 31-year-old DMC to join Deportivo Tachira. Wilson Barrios was out of contract in the summer but the lure of the Saudi dollar proved too much, near enough £100k and he's off to Al-Faisaly. Wilson is 30, so I am not unhappy with the deal.

image.png.732da01a4e8081f63d70563a8155bd3d.png

Coming in is 2 foreigners, so we have maxed out our slots

• Idris Moses is a 21-year-old Nigerian International who can play either at Left Back or Left Midfield. He'll play in defence. He's come on a free transfer.
  • Another freebie, Ivorian, Aubin Fofana is a DMC from ASEC Mimosas. 21 and already with 3 national team caps. He's our best DMC by far.
  • We've also signed a local lad, with an Italian passport as well, Graziano Ruggieri is a Central Defender from Caracas, £50k now, another £550k over the next 3 years.

The new additions join in July when the window opens.

July 2031

It feels dirty, but we've lost our 100% win record right at the end of the Opening Stage. Away to the side 19th in the table. 2-0 and cruising and we end up with a point. Some of the new blood was playing as well.

The same team put in a much better showing a few days later. 5 of the best.

We topped the Opening Stage by 15 points

image.png.2f6bd56efbb32c8accb9d09b22a4c117.png

I'll be honest, the domestic side of this challenge is not taxing right now. We will win the Closing Stage and then it's about the Copa Lib next year - how far can we get?

We've also trimmed some of the undesirable fat from the squad

image.png.be250d9db1f59bffc38ecba390dc1496.png

We are looking fairly lean now.

But the board are quite happy to try and sell our star man to a side at our level?

image.png.496b819a9e4336f2cb327d55b068ef54.png

Fortunately, Josue saw sense and rejected them. I would have resigned!

Deadline Day...

They did it again...

image.png.df9ab9949c11e61c739241259182dac0.png

But again, Josue saw sense...

image.png.0aebd10aecfb2033a747e67cd1b5c21c.png

3rd time lucky?? Different Club? Same Outcome?

image.png.4f2c0daf912b988543f0a6f689ea8091.png

The board only have itself to blame..

image.png.2bed4d0f47a2b87bb5f0dca2b8d93580.png

My time in Venezuela is done. I didn't get anywhere near the Champions League part of the challenge but is probably beyond this save, but did do enough to complete the nation. It's time to move to our next country...

image.png.79332bbbebeb9b57f9bde38d7c16648e.png

• KibworthBull changed the title to FM23 - The most random journeyman save I've ever attempted - You Sell My Star, I Walk... Chapter 4 - Eritrea