In the name of God why does this season not finish?

\'Appy \'Ammer

Ok, this is driving me insane. I have made a small change to the Irish Cup as the name is not correct and the round names were not correct. All relevant parts of the file is all I have changed. This works fine with the original database. BUT my problems begin when I use this file with my 80s Euro database. The N Irish Premiership relegation / promotion playoffs do not take place. Consequently the league and the one below (Championship) do not start a new season. This is most annoying. When I use the original database everything is fine. 

Now it has to have something to do with the European Playoffs. They don't take place , which is fine , as my file takes qualifiers from the league and cup. They do take place in the original database, so somewhere in there lies my problem. But I cannot pinpoint how to rectify it. I should point out, that if I use my 80s euro database without the NI Cup adjusted file, everything works as it should. The European Playoffs don't happen (which is ok), and the correct qualifiers for the 80s European comps are chosen, and the relegation promotion playoffs happen. The league's continue to play each season without issue. I just don't understand how just changing the name of a cup and the relevant rounds can stop the season finishing with a particular database. Can anyone shed any light on where I should look to fix this?

Ok, it's not a game breaker as I can still use my file but playing as the Northern Irish Cup (instead of Irish Cup) with qualifying rounds (when there shouldn't be any) but that annoys me, so trying to fix it!

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

8 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

If you load the files, the cup and round names are now correct?

And what would happen if you reorder the files?

Not sure what you mean there @Wolf_pd. If I load my NI name change file with the original game database then all is fine, the names change and all leagues play. The problem occurs when I load the NI name change file with the 80s Euro Database. The NI Premiership and Championship playoff final doesn't happen, so the league seasons in these 2 divisions don't end and never start again. 

On further inspection of all the other leagues in Europe there is bizzarely 4 nations where some lower divisions do not take place. (Germany - 3.Liga, Portugal - 3rd Division, Slovakia - 2nd Division from 22/23 onwards, and Spain - Federation Divisions.  This only happens when I use my 80s Euro database. Maybe the problem is inside this file rather than the NI file. It's all a bit of a headache as I really don't know where to start looking! It's strange, apart from N Ireland, it only effects the lower leagues in these 4 countries, where my 80s file is really only grabbing teams from top divisions and top cup competitions. I am at a loss.

I thought it could be a file order problem. They tend to mess up names and such. But if there are various competitions where lower divisions aren't played, that's not the case.

Are there bugs within the editor that can cause this to happen? I cannot fathom why some of these errors are happening. I only discovered those 4 leagues when I was checking to make sure every competition in Europe played before publishing the files. I'm looking blindly at dates and dependencies of these countries but with the lower leagues being effected I can't see how the edited European file would effect them. 

Well I've discovered that the above problem (not the playoffs one) is not isolated to just my files. I downloaded @V2023's No 2024 format and I got the same problem of some of the lower leagues in Germany, Portugal, Spain, and Slovakia not working or stopping after a season. There must be a bug somewhere. This occurred when those leagues were not active but the ones above in the pyramid were playable or view only.  On the plus side they do work, with my file and @V2023's when the leagues in question are at least view only. So all is not lost.

Huh, weird. Maybe some indirect dependency like the Eredivisie had, with the cup being dependent on the Champions League stage name and the league playoffs being dependent on the cup final?

17 minutes ago, V2023 said:

Huh, weird. Maybe some indirect dependency like the Eredivisie had, with the cup being dependent on the Champions League stage name and the league playoffs being dependent on the cup final?

It is so obscure, especially as these are mainly tier 3 and below issues. Works when on view only and playable though.