Does the player's title (MC vs AMC vs DMC, and ML versus AML etc) actually matter?

I'm playing FM 09 but this is a generic question I think. Does the player's position label of itself affect their performance in a given role?

To elaborate:

I'm choosing a simple 442. Three similar questions about how the player's described position (ML/AML etc) actually matters. 

(1) If I play my ML and MR positions as running forward in attack, is it important for the players to be styled AML as opposed to ML? Say the important "Winger attributes" are equal, does the game penalise me for using an ML there instead of an AML?

(2) Same sort of question: I have two central midfielder positions, MC. I want one to play as MC(a) and the other MC(d). If I have to choose between MC, AMC and DMC players for these roles, with suitable attributes where it matters, does the game actually care if my MC(a) is called a DMC so long as the player CAN play that position? 

(3) Finally, I have an FC(a) and FC(d) position in my tactic. Does the game actually care whether I use ST or FC in either position?

6 hours ago, Rookie Manager said:

I'm playing FM 09 but this is a generic question I think. Does the player's position label of itself affect their performance in a given role?

To elaborate:

I'm choosing a simple 442. Three similar questions about how the player's described position (ML/AML etc) actually matters. 

(1) If I play my ML and MR positions as running forward in attack, is it important for the players to be styled AML as opposed to ML? Say the important "Winger attributes" are equal, does the game penalise me for using an ML there instead of an AML?

(2) Same sort of question: I have two central midfielder positions, MC. I want one to play as MC(a) and the other MC(d). If I have to choose between MC, AMC and DMC players for these roles, with suitable attributes where it matters, does the game actually care if my MC(a) is called a DMC so long as the player CAN play that position? 

(3) Finally, I have an FC(a) and FC(d) position in my tactic. Does the game actually care whether I use ST or FC in either position?

Playing a player in a position that is not his optimal one has a slight effect on his decision-making. You might feel that the benefits outweigh that minor negative.