Any suggestion on how to play with Odegaard ?

Hi everyone !

I finish my 2nd season with Arsenal, winning the UCL, 2nd of PL, CS and Carabao Cup winner !

Here are the current attributes of Odegaard :

Révélation

image.thumb.png.d91251a070a9554f13169219502a8c20.png

I'm currently playing him as a Mezz A. Even though he performs well (same number of goals that the xG, 13 assists), I feel he struggle with finishing and I waste is assisting playstyle (maybe I'm over expecting from him).

For example, I feel that F. Viera is doing better than Ode in the Mezz-a role :

Révélation

image.thumb.png.596dbf3cca7f73c930360c603ed01aed.png

Here is my current tactic (you can see that I play a classic 2-3-5 when in possession, possession based tactic) :

Révélation

image.thumb.png.043f0cbcfbbf076b5077d3808c1646f8.png

I'm open for any suggestion ! Maybe should I play with both Odegaard and Viera (especially that I'm selling Partey and Laimer during this transfer window)

Il y a 12 heures, TheJanitor a dit :

Why not False 9? Looks perfect for the role. Play Jesus on the wing or rotate.

I already did a thread about Ødegaard as a F9 in FM22, you can check it out ;)

even though he did a great job, I have several reasons to not play him as a F9 :

- G. Jesus is doing a fantastic job as a F9, and both are star players. I can’t rotate one with another (or it will be 1. A waste and 2. A problem about playing time) ;

- I already did it and I felt that he wasn’t enough of a goalscorer (missing very easy goal, like he can do as a Mezz-a)

Il y a 12 heures, Yisz a dit :

Maybe try RPM? Just an idea… never played with Arsenal but I can imagine him going up and down the pitch dictating play and creating overloads to then play in Saka could work well.

I was considering playing him as a playmaker, between an AP or a RPM.

It will make him a ball magnet, so I should take that into account if I want to create overload

4 hours ago, CKBrahMa said:

I already did a thread about Ødegaard as a F9 in FM22, you can check it out ;)

even though he did a great job, I have several reasons to not play him as a F9 :

- G. Jesus is doing a fantastic job as a F9, and both are star players. I can’t rotate one with another (or it will be 1. A waste and 2. A problem about playing time) ;

- I already did it and I felt that he wasn’t enough of a goalscorer (missing very easy goal, like he can do as a Mezz-a)

I was considering playing him as a playmaker, between an AP or a RPM.

It will make him a ball magnet, so I should take that into account if I want to create overload

Will check it out! In this case, AP/a. I think he will be an assisting monster next to your goal-scoring winger (whichever one, but I'm guessing the W/a).