Set pieces training seem broken

Hello SI,
I think the set pieces training is broken at the moment or I don't find a way to make it work. I noticed this as my long term save had very poor results in corner training I did many tests with different training setup and results were that no one from my senior or U19 picked either corner or free kicks attributes .

Please advise if I do anything wrong cause its very frustrating.

• For the sake of test I set up the coaches are maxed
  • All my set piece takers are set up
  • All my set piece routines are set up
  • Every player has Individual training assigned and corners/ free kicks are additional focus.
  • Every week I added Delivery and Attacking Corners
  • After 1 season I got 0 progress on set pieces - I simulated this 11 times no change
    • Start of season
      image.thumb.png.c3db972122af88dbcda2d41fcdcd4b34.png
      End of season:
      image.thumb.png.45b16cb78ebb27fc96d04477897b5bb5.png

image.thumb.png.b4130b48f7b5a0346f074168fb61dd5f.png

image.thumb.png.0ee2e6ada25b6b7ca4c7b38e29ce4b69.png

image.thumb.png.f47f56b9bce341663a4738e8819cc7a0.png

That was my main suggestion during FM22, about introducing Set Pieces coaches (and other staff).

If you go to Coaching Assignments, hover the mouse in Attacking - Technical; you will see what attributes the Attacking - Technical coach train.

Screenshot_1.png.c51d3d2bca8a7add5fd56f3b45f4dd0c.png

As things stands, none of current coach (attacking, defending etc) train directly set pieces attributes.

Yes I think you are correct, but there should still be some other way to increase that attribute, weather through performing that duty or something else like match practice.

I will do some more testing but so far noting seems to work (not to say that I noticed increased training injury when adding corners as additional focus.... but it may be just bad luck)

There was a YouTube video by "evidence based football manager" for fm22 where he tested training regimens. Apparently set price training is worthless. It will NOT improve any set piece attributes. Free kicks, corners, throw ins, even penalties do zero for improving penalties. Not sure if that was ever fixed but I guess not.

On a related note, apparently he tested match prep training too. Does nothing for helping you win the next game except for tactical familiarity. Get familiarity to max and then probably throw that training in the bin.

Not seen all the videos so best double check.

3 hours ago, warlock said:

Like this?

image.png.13517a26ffa14b77f52dcee728eda1f5.png

It's in the player's development tab.

This is not working - I tested it.

HOWEVER I figured out that if you remove the position/role/duty training and leave ONLY corners additional focus it works - I can see increase of +1 or even +2 for an year.