Please explain your thought process devs...from a CM4 player.

Okay, I don't want this to just be a rant, I want it to be productive. First of all, I've put hundreds of hours into every football manager game since the Championship Manager days. This year, I have put in 20 hours. For the life of me, I can't get into this game. The main reason is, everything is so much effort and so thoroughly unenjoyable. 

1. How do you still not have attributes viewable on scout reports? 

Believe it or not, the main reason everyone scouts is to find players and see their attributes. Maybe, I care a bit about their hidden attributes, that's a bit useful. What I don't need to do, is read bullet points of text explaining what attributes a player has. JUST SHOW ME THE ATTRIBUTES! The fact you have to hover over the 'i' and/or click on the player for every scout report is ridiculous. I have 75 scout reports to go through, it's effort! Make it easy for me.

2. Lack of match day info

Last year I had to download a skin for this. This year I was hoping it would be fixed. The match day interface is awful. So much wasted space! Why can't I select what onscreen data is constantly available? Why can't I resize boxes? Why is the data available so limited until half-time?

A reminder to the devs, 99.999% of players don't watch full match highlights. Therefore, live stats is imperative to summarise how the game is unfolding. Why should I have to wait until half time to find out why my LB is a 6.3 rating? I need to know now! I need to make changes/tweaks so I can get that rating back up. 

I have match stats, overall ratings and momentum bars on my screen. Why can't I see more? This was available on all games prior to FM22. 

3. Too many clicks...

Of my 20 hours played, I think I've spent at least 10 on holiday. How are press conferences still a thing? Why is training so long winded? How many pointless messages do you want to send me about the data hub? 

The average player does not care about any of this. Either make press conferences and training remotely interesting, or just simplify them and concentrate on  more important things...like I don't know...set pieces.

I've got to say. I am so so disappointed by the game this year. You need to start listening to the player base. No one asked for the squad planner! And whilst the champions league license is cool...again, no one really cares. 

Professionalism, Determination, Ambition

Personality: Model Citizen, Model Professional, Professional, Resolute, Perfectionist, Fairly Professional
Media Handling Style: Evasive, Level Headed, Reserved

Players reach PA in 26 y/o in FM23

Coaches Personality affects U1X

Working with Youngsters attribute apply for U1X Coaches

Of course, higher training facilities level and better coaches affects development

In coaches report, you will notified if someone has something "extreme", like high Professionalism hidden attribute or high injury prone hidden attribute.

21 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Professionalism, Determination, Ambition

Personality: Model Citizen, Model Professional, Professional, Resolute, Perfectionist, Fairly Professional
Media Handling Style: Evasive, Level Headed, Reserved

Players reach PA in 26 y/o in FM23

Coaches Personality affects U1X

Working with Youngsters attribute apply for U1X Coaches

Of course, higher training facilities level and better coaches affects development

In coaches report, you will notified if someone has something "extreme", like high Professionalism hidden attribute or high injury prone hidden attribute.

eh?

You should play FM Touch. FM fat is clearly not for you. Not everyone wants to see every attribute, not everyone wants to get rid of data hub, many of us like to go through data and play in a realistic manner. So yeah the game is not for you right now, try the other versions of it.

Also the way you talk about licences, not everyone uses real name fix and the immersion on the UEFA licence is just amazing.

11 hours ago, jdmk88 said:

2. Lack of match day info

Last year I had to download a skin for this. This year I was hoping it would be fixed. The match day interface is awful. So much wasted space! Why can't I select what onscreen data is constantly available? Why can't I resize boxes? Why is the data available so limited until half-time?

A reminder to the devs, 99.999% of players don't watch full match highlights. Therefore, live stats is imperative to summarise how the game is unfolding. Why should I have to wait until half time to find out why my LB is a 6.3 rating? I need to know now! I need to make changes/tweaks so I can get that rating back up. 

I have match stats, overall ratings and momentum bars on my screen. Why can't I see more? This was available on all games prior to FM22. 

Fully agree with this. The TATO skin is a must for me because the statistics paint the picture of what is happening without me having to watch the full match.

I also agree with you point about the clicks. I know you can turn off some messages in the game, and that might help, but I guess this type of game is always going to be a bit of a clickfest.

On 14/01/2023 at 00:41, João14 said:

You should play FM Touch. FM fat is clearly not for you. Not everyone wants to see every attribute, not everyone wants to get rid of data hub, many of us like to go through data and play in a realistic manner. So yeah the game is not for you right now, try the other versions of it.

Also the way you talk about licences, not everyone uses real name fix and the immersion on the UEFA licence is just amazing.

Don't think you've read my post mate. My issue is mainly the interface. I'm never said I wanted to see every attribute, my issue is scout reports do not show attributes unless you click on the player or hover over the 'i'. Thankfully I've found a skin that fixes this (this isn't something I should have to do with every FM!)

I never said the data hub was useless and I didn't use it. My problem is with the same stats being fed back to me in my inbox after every single game. Example... "Academica FC's passing was a site to behold with 650 passes completed"...every game I get this. This is just a tiny part of my original post though.

I've been playing this game for 19 years. If I didn't like the finer details, I wouldn't play the game. The problem is there's too much pointless detail and the important things are hidden away (in game stats for example).

Yep, I managed to find a skin that gives me in game stats and shows attributes in scout reports. I cant comprehend why this isn't included in the original skin though.

I understand fm strive for realism but these small details just become annoying.

Imo, in the day of the almost completely datadriven football - how can you not have data about the attributes of a player?

Measuring the athletics is very easy, even amateur clubs can do that, fatigue is a bit more scientific but nowadays a semi pro can do that routinely, and give you out values broken down to the 0.001 percentil.

Mental and technical stats are a bit less obvious but even there you can estimate a player accurately lets say in a 10 star rating with individual traits becoming obvious the moment the players is seriously scouted.

I really do not see why you would not use stats every good sorted football club in real life has in abundance in a good to etremely accurate quality?

The problems in modern fooball occur not on the data side but on the decisionmakers motivational side - some people work not for the clubs they contracted to but for themself, some for thier ego, some appease the networks they belong to etc.

But the data is there!

Edited by Etebaer