Fixture Scheduling - Want only one fixture per week

stickpiano

Several things that influence this, the length of the season, amount of cup or European games and other international games as well. So easiest would be to create a short(er) season so you have enough weekends to plan in.

On 21/01/2023 at 18:55, Wolf_pd said:

Several things that influence this, the length of the season, amount of cup or European games and other international games as well. So easiest would be to create a short(er) season so you have enough weekends to plan in.

I have a similar problem.

The league has 16 teams, and 15 rounds should be played in the first half of the season.

But for some reason there are 16 rounds in the first half of the season even though I set the dates so that there are exactly 15 weekends to play those 15 rounds. On the screenshots you can see how I set the dates and how one round is persistently inserted between the first two weekends.

I set the cup matches to be played on Wednesdays, with a maximum of 2 matches per month.

image.thumb.png.823dab49dee6f77779dae0f48ed06b1b.png

image.png.e22497b14cf3fde1a5bdc6ab04d54551.png

You can set a "break period" in the stage scheduling. If you set one for the base year equivalent of Aug. 14-19 from your screenshot (or Aug. 15-19 if you have that first weekend of fixtures played over two days) it would stop the game scheduling any dates there. Only way I've been able to get the game to stop randomly moving dates around to fill early-season gaps (speculating but it might have to do with the game "knowing" that there are cups and such in the future and it's trying to schedule around those)

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

You can set a "break period" in the stage scheduling. If you set one for the base year equivalent of Aug. 14-19 from your screenshot (or Aug. 15-19 if you have that first weekend of fixtures played over two days) it would stop the game scheduling any dates there. Only way I've been able to get the game to stop randomly moving dates around to fill early-season gaps (speculating but it might have to do with the game "knowing" that there are cups and such in the future and it's trying to schedule around those)

Looks like you were right about the game taking cup matches into account. The final of the state cup is played on the last weekend of the season, and I was counting on the final round of the league to be played on that very last weekend. This is where the game seems to have realized that it is not possible to play a cup match and a league match on the same day, in case some of the teams participate in both competitions.

i solved it by setting the start of the second half of the league to start a week earlier, and that way i got what i wanted, 15 league rounds in each half season.

Thank you very much for your reply.

55 minutes ago, comerssila said:

Looks like you were right about the game taking cup matches into account. The final of the state cup is played on the last weekend of the season, and I was counting on the final round of the league to be played on that very last weekend. This is where the game seems to have realized that it is not possible to play a cup match and a league match on the same day, in case some of the teams participate in both competitions.

i solved it by setting the start of the second half of the league to start a week earlier, and that way i got what i wanted, 15 league rounds in each half season.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Brilliant. You might be able to dodge that by checking/unchecking that box for "competitions to take into account when scheduling" (not the exact wording) where the choices are like none, domestic only, etc. But then it would just postpone the fixtures for the two teams involved in the cup final (assuming the cup round has a higher fixture priority than the league). Not sure if that works though