(FM21) Mentoring with no effect

Hello, I recently bought this player, named Jon Garcia.

However, as you can see, his estimated effect from group is none. What could be the reason for this? He has potential but low determination and I was looking to increase it with mentoring. But I guess that mentoring wont have any effect on him

134741918_SemTtzzzulo.thumb.jpg.19720d6ba2940ec37dc7cf3c53a4855b.jpg

Edited by mikcheck

• mikcheck changed the title to (FM21) Mentoring with no effect

What playing time guarantees did you give him?  Giving young players a high guaranteed playing time  gives them influence within the locker room and makes them less likely to be influenced by the other players even if they are technically young enough to be mentored.  So if you signed this young player and told him he was going to be an important member of the squad, he isn't going to be impressed enough to take lessons from the veteran player who has been at the club his entire career and has a Model Citizen personality but who is only a squad member.  Not saying that is what happened here but I tend to be very careful about giving young players a high status within the squad for exactly this reason. 

2 horas atrás, rsihn disse:

What playing time guarantees did you give him?  Giving young players a high guaranteed playing time  gives them influence within the locker room and makes them less likely to be influenced by the other players even if they are technically young enough to be mentored.  So if you signed this young player and told him he was going to be an important member of the squad, he isn't going to be impressed enough to take lessons from the veteran player who has been at the club his entire career and has a Model Citizen personality but who is only a squad member.  Not saying that is what happened here but I tend to be very careful about giving young players a high status within the squad for exactly this reason. 

Thanks for the answer.

That makes perfect sense. This is his team status below, I don't think it's too high for him to have none in that mentoring group

1392002313_SemTtuggglo.thumb.jpg.eefc54e6ce6deb7072f95aeb25ad9993.jpg

Edited by mikcheck