Use the Preset Tactics! (Seriously)

Some presets don't work that well, honestly. For example Wingplay, which is one of the more common styles, struggles to work unless you increase how the team presses, which in turn becomes more Gegenpress than Wingplay...

17 hours ago, kingjericho said:

Some presets don't work that well, honestly. For example Wingplay, which is one of the more common styles, struggles to work unless you increase how the team presses, which in turn becomes more Gegenpress than Wingplay...

Do you think the tiki taka preset was effective because of the high press when out of possession?

On 01/08/2024 at 19:29, kingjericho said:

I have had a look at the Wing Play preset and I do not think that the defensive/pressing set-up is the problem. You have a neutral Counter Press/Regroup, you trigger-press more often and operate a mid-block. This is the same as the Control Possession tactic. I think where the tactic does not work well is that it has a high-tempo, more direct passing style which means you will probably lose the ball more and that is where you have to press more. With control possession you have low-tempo, shorter passing and that will help you keep the ball more and lowers the needs to press. I would wager if the passing was standard then the wing-play tactic would work better. I would think you have to press more as you lose the ball more.

I use the Control Possession preset and it works well for me. If I want width I use wingers or wing-backs.