England Foreign players in World League

lukavski

Hi! I made a Club World League in Luxembourg with all major teams in it.

I set every club with their own nation as "Actual Nation" so they receive regens from their nation.

Then, I set a rule for "max foreign players in Match Squad".

But...

Every club identifies their nation's players as non-foreign, except for England and the UK. Clubs like Manchester or Liverpool identifies England players as foreign, even when the club actual nation is England.

Is this brexit related? 

has anyone encountered this problem when creating a world league?

Is there any workaround?

Thanks!

Edited by lukavski

Thanks for answering!

I tried that. I also though that would work, but England is already on the European Union.

Even other continents' clubs identifies their national players as non-foreign in the league. Japan (Antlers, Vissel...) USA (Portland, New York...), Brasil (Sao Paulo, Flamengo), etc.

The only problem seems to be teams from England and the UK.

What does your rules say for the Premier League? That Brexit has been cancelled? England has decided to stay in the EU should be the text. If it is something different Brexit still happened.

I also tried with a No-Brexit custom file.

My file is a Super-League based on Luxembourg with every Club maintaining their national location.

This is the League with my rules:

:image.jpeg.7e896b433d148aa21ba388c2b9675de4.jpeg

This is an England Team based in England in that league:

image.jpeg.c5e83b47cb280ddf0712fbfa563e0017.jpeg

This is the Agreements:

image.jpeg.afcd42d532ade2c5248aaf626f910118.jpeg

And every other team has the players right (their national are non-foreign):

image.jpeg.970efe6723b092cc2125bd38fe0aca84.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by lukavski

Possibly due to how the UK works. I believe there's a dummy UK nation in the the "dead nations" list that is actually used for UK nationalities. England, Scotland etc. are kind of treated as sub-nationalities under that. I guess setting the game up that way is just telling it to look for pure English players, so UK-English isn't recognised.

For possible solutions, there's an option for "Same Nation Players In Squad" you could try setting that with a minimum number that's 5 less than the total squad size, instead of using a foreign player limit. That may well have the same issue though.

Alternatively, you could change to requiring a minimum number of home grown players instead. Not perfect, and could result in a bunch of foreign players, but it will hopefully work better for UK teams at least.

Edited by rusty217

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

Possibly due to how the UK works. I believe there's a dummy UK nation in the the "dead nations" list that is actually used for UK nationalities. England, Scotland etc. are kind of treated as sub-nationalities under that. I guess setting the game up that way is just telling it to look for pure English players, so UK-English isn't recognised.

For possible solutions, there's an option for "Same Nation Players In Squad" you could try setting that with a minimum number that's 5 less than the total squad size, instead of using a foreign player limit. That may well have the same issue though.

Alternatively, you could change to requiring a minimum number of home grown players instead. Not perfect, and could result in a bunch of foreign players, but it will hopefully work better for UK teams at least.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! 

That must be the problem.

I changed the rule to "minimum homegrown players from club in Starting 11 and Match Squad".

It's working pretty good so far after some years of holidays.

Edited by lukavski

5 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Is that "United Kingdom"? I swear I've seen that mentioned in some context in the game too for nationality? Then I think "Great Britain" can still pop up if England host the Olympics again, or at least it could in previous versions after they coded it for London 2012

42 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Is that "United Kingdom"? I swear I've seen that mentioned in some context in the game too for nationality? Then I think "Great Britain" can still pop up if England host the Olympics again, or at least it could in previous versions after they coded it for London 2012

Yep, that's the one.

I'm sure I've seen it mentioned in game before too. It's one of the reasons I recommend against using it when people want to make a custom nation. It's already tied to stuff and being used in the background, so it's not a good idea to change it.