[FM23.4] Copa Catalunya, Catalan nationality, Spain expanded

Apparently I first started working on this in 2010:

Wow, had no recollection of even making it that far. Nice to have a powerful editor and a helpful editing community 13 years later to help achieve the dream.

Just noticed they added a few new Catalan players in the 23.4 update, giving them the second nationality and re-posting now.

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23.4] Copa Catalunya, Catalan nationality, Spain expanded
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, themodelcitizen said:

Just updated the first post, cheers for the note

Thanks a lot, was trying to find a new save, and saw the new Zealand video talking about Olot

Very excited on trying it

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to add all regions where people speak Catalan, or a Catalan dialect? For example including Alghero on Sardinia?

What is the game using for players being eligible to play at Olot? Only the language/second nationality, or the fact that they are born in the correct region?

7 hours ago, m.braathen said:

Somehow that doesn't work for me... Nothing happens when I press reload skin after extracting the folder. Was able to manually replace the Hogges logos but can't for the life of me manage to add the catalunyan flags.

You running any other graphics packs? If someone's updated Czechoslovakia's flags and logo for whatever reason, that might be taking priority. Do you have the "Catalunya graphics" folder in the same place you have the manually replaced Hogges logo? What's the folder look like

On a side note, I saw the Zealand video a while back but couldn't find it now, he mentions playing with Olot and the IRL Catalan transfer policy, but obviously nothing about this DB and the hard-coded transfer restriction we were able to implement 

6 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Is it possible to add all regions where people speak Catalan, or a Catalan dialect? For example including Alghero on Sardinia?

What is the game using for players being eligible to play at Olot? Only the language/second nationality, or the fact that they are born in the correct region?

Existing Algherese players have already been given Spanish and Catalan second nationality. I mentioned Dario del Fabro in the story thread, he looks quality. Same with some Andorrans (not many uncapped ones, though, because we don't want them thinking they can/should play for Spain)

It won't work for newgens from Alghero, though, because the hard-coded transfer policy requires our Catalan players to be both Spanish (the club's "nation") and Catalan (the club's "based nation"). So all future newgens from the Balearics, Catalunya, and neighbouring Spanish regions will get it, but no way to make it work for Alghero, Andorra etc without really messing things up

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Existing Algherese players have already been given Spanish and Catalan second nationality. I mentioned Dario del Fabro in the story thread, he looks quality. Same with some Andorrans (not many uncapped ones, though, because we don't want them thinking they can/should play for Spain)

It won't work for newgens from Alghero, though, because the hard-coded transfer policy requires our Catalan players to be both Spanish (the club's "nation") and Catalan (the club's "based nation"). So all future newgens from the Balearics, Catalunya, and neighbouring Spanish regions will get it, but no way to make it work for Alghero, Andorra etc without really messing things up

Thanks. Indeed, we don't need an entire nation that wants to play for another nation. That would be a very big unwanted effect. Couldn't there be any other option to select those players at Olot; without messing things up?

You could put the city Alghero into the Catalunya local region, or a new local region in the Catalan nation (you'd have to open one up by rejigging them elsewhere) like "Catalan Alghero" or something with the language set to Italian. Not sure if that would have weird knock-on effects in Italy

26 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

You could put the city Alghero into the Catalunya local region, or a new local region in the Catalan nation (you'd have to open one up by rejigging them elsewhere) like "Catalan Alghero" or something with the language set to Italian. Not sure if that would have weird knock-on effects in Italy

It sounds like something that can go wrong very easily.

If I read it correctly you used Bermuda Hogges for this, to have a hardcoded team. Isn't there another way to do this without a hardcoded team? Or will the game then reject the mandatory transfer rules?

On 10/02/2023 at 01:02, themodelcitizen said:

Just realized we might only be able to do it with Spanish-Catalans, that seemed to be how Bermuda Hogges was working with nation/based nation both needing to be satisfied in past games. I'll test it a few different ways

I think they were promoted to tier 4 this season so they're actually playable now. Perfect for us...

EDIT - Here we go:

Reveal hidden contents

Olot1.thumb.png.275fa798f7e3c5d76cc08c7321ee801f.pngOLOT2.thumb.png.e97fe84fe02d30bea4840fec5ea7dd1b.pngolot3.thumb.png.7f51653327b35b0880d5dffbedcf88d3.pngolot4.thumb.png.0371ab9d82385bcfa937dca26a2e5384.png

Looks like you'll be limited to Spanish/Catalan dual nationals, not ideal but they don't actually have any French or Andorran Catalans now anyway.

They do have Valencian and Balearic players so I've added the relevant cities (and the Catalan towns in Murcia) to the second nationality.

I would load everyone from Spain and Andorra, and maybe even Italy and France. You can search for players with "nationality" "partially" Catalan and it shows you transfer targets.

If you're using kits or other graphics for UE Olot, you can change the filename and the "config" files in notepad from the old unique ID (67128589) in to the new ID (72004402).

Oh nice! I need to study this.

4 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Oh nice! I need to study this.

The "Hogges trick" is a lot of fun. But also slightly unwieldy. Someone on Steam said they had issues with homegrown when they moved to Barca and tried to bring some players over from Olot. I can't think what the issue would be though, will have to refresh myself. Plus it's not game breaking, you'll probably have enough local newgens anyway 

• 2 months later...
On 10/02/2023 at 08:02, themodelcitizen said:

Just realized we might only be able to do it with Spanish-Catalans, that seemed to be how Bermuda Hogges was working with nation/based nation both needing to be satisfied in past games. I'll test it a few different ways

I think they were promoted to tier 4 this season so they're actually playable now. Perfect for us...

EDIT - Here we go:

Hide contents

Olot1.thumb.png.275fa798f7e3c5d76cc08c7321ee801f.pngOLOT2.thumb.png.e97fe84fe02d30bea4840fec5ea7dd1b.pngolot3.thumb.png.7f51653327b35b0880d5dffbedcf88d3.pngolot4.thumb.png.0371ab9d82385bcfa937dca26a2e5384.png

Looks like you'll be limited to Spanish/Catalan dual nationals, not ideal but they don't actually have any French or Andorran Catalans now anyway.

They do have Valencian and Balearic players so I've added the relevant cities (and the Catalan towns in Murcia) to the second nationality.

I would load everyone from Spain and Andorra, and maybe even Italy and France. You can search for players with "nationality" "partially" Catalan and it shows you transfer targets.

If you're using kits or other graphics for UE Olot, you can change the filename and the "config" files in notepad from the old unique ID (67128589) in to the new ID (72004402).

hello, just want to ask how do you change the transfer policy in fm editor, if you mind sharing the ways?

• 5 months later...

Hi there!

Sorry for "digging up" an old thread, but is there any way this db could work with fm24 or are there any plans to make a fm24 version of it?

Try the nationality file, it might still work, just missing anyone who is new in FM24 and would need Catalan second nationality added. I doubt the more complicated UE Olot version would work though, at least not the U19 stuff I added. Maybe worth a shot verifying it in the FM24 editor and seeing what happens though.

Don't think I'll make it again, too many issues with FM24/SI lying about fixes etc to spend my time on