Youth Player Attribute Scouting

Similar to the topic here, which attributes do you look at for players between 15-19 to determine if they're worth scouting or not.

And before someone inevitably mentions it, I don't mean the hidden attributes from scout reports, I mean the known attributes that then determines if a player is worth scouting or not for the hidden attributes.

40 minutes ago, Ghost4928 said:

Similar to the topic here, which attributes do you look at for players between 15-19 to determine if they're worth scouting or not.

And before someone inevitably mentions it, I don't mean the hidden attributes from scout reports, I mean the known attributes that then determines if a player is worth scouting or not for the hidden attributes.

You don't give enough information. Do you mean for a youth to join a top flight club in their U18s squad, or do you mean a lower-league club where the youth will go into the first team squad?

If I understood your question correctly you’re asking what attribute range we look for when we decide what youth players to scout to potentially buy.

For me it’s really easy, I first of all decide the key attribute for that position and the minimum I want for my first team so let’s say I’m looking for a midfielder and the attributes I’m interested in are positioning, off the ball, anticipation, concentration, decision and passing and the minimum I’ll accept to play in my first team is 13 then they youth players I will scout need to have a minimum of 10 in those attributes. The reason is because 3 to 4 attribute growth is common in the game but it’s hard to see an attribute grow by 5 or 6 attribute point unless for physical attributes so there’s no point looking at a player that has 7 in all those attributes because for him to play in my team he needs to grow by 7 points in all those attributes which is almost impossible 

17 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

You don't give enough information. Do you mean for a youth to join a top flight club in their U18s squad, or do you mean a lower-league club where the youth will go into the first team squad?

Apologies.

More the former, where you're one of the big boys in a league, or you're a club like Southampton or Dortmund who find young talent and then sell on for profit.