I can't create good tactics. Help me.

Hello everyone, I started my career at Newcastle United and I have transferred many quality players to the team, but the team is not playing well at all. There are a lot of guides on the internet but none of them work for me, no one tells me exactly what mentality does, normally game developers have to do this but they don't do their job properly, all instructions and mentalities have silly explanations. All the computer-managed teams are playing super-perfect football, even Crystal Palace, which has a worse staff than me, plays football like crazy. Now what's wrong with my tactic? I don't see any problems when I examine it, it's probably due to my ignorance. If the problem was getting used to tactics, it would be for all teams, not just me. I also trained the whole team to the tactic with the in-game editor, but they played that badly again.

1.png

2.png

squad.png

I think your front 3 roles look fine

The DLP in CM, I'm not fan of because of the hold position PI when you have a DM, maybe try an Advanced PM instead to free that role up a bit?

Then the HB I see as the most defensive DM role so maybe an Anchor or Defensive Midfielder instead?

TI wise, they look coherent, the Underlap on the left doesn't make much sense but isn't a deal breaker, you could always change Alt-Nouri to a WB and have him Overlap instead but that will happen naturally anyway 

11 dakika önce, Johnny Ace said:

I think your front 3 roles look fine

The DLP in CM, I'm not fan of because of the hold position PI when you have a DM, maybe try an Advanced PM instead to free that role up a bit?

Then the HB I see as the most defensive DM role so maybe an Anchor or Defensive Midfielder instead?

TI wise, they look coherent, the Underlap on the left doesn't make much sense but isn't a deal breaker, you could always change Alt-Nouri to a WB and have him Overlap instead but that will happen naturally anyway 

When I play the CML in the APM role, won't it do similar things to the IW(s)? There's also the "long pass" feature in Guimaraes, wouldn't it be an opposite feature for the APM role?

I'll try Declan Rice as DM(d).

I tried Ait Nouri as a wingback but this guy doesn't attack at all.

The reason I ordered the underlap is because I want him to pass more often to the AF and IF players who will be running behind the defence.

8 minutes ago, ObeLisk said:

When I play the CML in the APM role, won't it do similar things to the IW(s)?

No, not really, they're in different areas of the pitch, AML and CML with different roles 

10 minutes ago, ObeLisk said:

There's also the "long pass" feature in Guimaraes, wouldn't it be an opposite feature for the APM role?

That's a good trait for a playmaker to have, helps mix up the play and he'll do it regardless or role

Just a suggestion anyway :thup:

The main thing i've noticed in your tactic is that aside from the striker, you don't really have players who attack the box and can score goals. If the striker is marked and left out of the game, you'll probably struggle.

You have the IF (s) and the BBM, but they are deeper and since you're in a positive mentality and using pass into space you'll be pretty direct in your passing. So you need more agressive roles and duties in my opinion.

I would try (and i'm not saying it will work) to change the IW(s) to IW (at), the BBM to CM (at) or a Mez (at) and since you are using a defensive midfielder with defend duty I would change the fullbacks to wingbacks (and put the wingback on the right in a support duty).

7 hours ago, ObeLisk said:

Hello everyone, I started my career at Newcastle United and I have transferred many quality players to the team, but the team is not playing well at all. There are a lot of guides on the internet but none of them work for me, no one tells me exactly what mentality does, normally game developers have to do this but they don't do their job properly, all instructions and mentalities have silly explanations. All the computer-managed teams are playing super-perfect football, even Crystal Palace, which has a worse staff than me, plays football like crazy. Now what's wrong with my tactic? I don't see any problems when I examine it, it's probably due to my ignorance. If the problem was getting used to tactics, it would be for all teams, not just me. I also trained the whole team to the tactic with the in-game editor, but they played that badly again.

1.png

2.png

squad.png

This is a little suggestion but I wouldn't "whip crosses." You've got good crossers and Isak is good in the air + fast, so you might have more success sticking it on mixed.

Be careful with leaving "get stuck in" and "counter press" on all the time as well.