How good (are) can be (should be) fictional players without attributes?

Sometimes I wonder how it is possible that fictional players who have no attributes listed in the game can play almost like Messi and can score extraordinary goals! Now I also discovered a similar player named Götz Kreuzer (26 years old). A player who has no attributes, just nothing, but played like the best players in the world and scored two interesting goals from two shots on goal! If I had anything to complain about the game, it would be the really unusual gameplay decisions that the player has no control over. He can only watching.  It's not about winning or losing, or the frustration of losing. For example, I won the match comfortably. However, they are imaginary players with no attributes who actually play very strangely well and are excellent finishers, but have no attributes and play in some semi-pro league. Of course it can happen, I just find it weird that when I play against a semi-pro team that has real players with some attributes, they don't play as well as fictitious players with no attributes. It has happened to me several times that fictional players ran more, defended better and finished better than real players of the same level. And I'm also very often surprised by the strange behavior of players in situations where it's completely obvious what should be coming, but the player does something so very unusual that you just wonder if it's even possible! This is not a criticism, just a reflection on some of the weird things  in the game!

Edited by Hunkut

• Hunkut changed the title to How good (are) can be (should be) fictional players without attributes?

I don't have a proper answer for you, but I am a little bit confused - how do you mean player have no attributes at all?

( maybe that is something new since I am still playing FM 2021 )

I always disable attribute masking so I don't know if this is a problem - but maybe you can't see the attributes because of that ( even I don't know if attributes masking even applies to fictional players, I am not even sure are we thinking about same type of players, those gray players or players when you untick "use real players" ), but anyway, can you post a screenshot of a player with no attributes?

Edited by Marko1989

The grey players for national teams, like Germany, are different from other grey players. They are definitely in a high CA bracket (150+). But grey players in general should be the same level as the rest of the league they are playing in. So there's nothing strange in a grey player having a good game against you.