How to break down Serie A teams

My go to formation has always been 4231. What I see is when I play in Serie A, it’s much harder to score. Especially against teams who play 532, 352, 5211 etc. 

So do you have any advice on how to break down teams who play with 3 CB and sit deep. Hit early crosses? More width? Slower passing? What’s your experience?

I tend to go for more width, direct passing with lower tempo and sometimes early crosses. I also make sure the tactic I'm playing doesn't have a lot of people moving to the centre of the pitch so having roles that stretch the pitch like wingers is also important

Hard to say without seeing your tactic.

However, I would use more width and depth to stop my attack becomeing too compressed. That will help your team to open up space between the lines both vertically and horizontal. 

If you play against a back three, you will gain advantage by pinning down both outter defenders by inverted wing players and have your central player drop deep. 

generally make sure there are staggered runs from different areas of the pitch and have all channels utilized by your team.

Those are key to break down stubborn defenses